Kinda worried about my BlueThroat Trigger?

It's tough to kill a Trigger. My Blue Trigger was so shy I didn't see him at all for the first week. I didn't feed him at all (he was the first fish in the tank so that was no problem). Once he started to come out I started putting brine shrimp in the tank. Even though he was the only inhabitant he still would just peek out, grab a bite, and hide. After about 9-10 days he came out and swam regularly and I started feeding him and he eats like a pig now.

Thanks for all the comments. I'm just happy he came through and started eating. I was alittle worried after it had been almost a week, even though I've read of many similar cases.

Well it's been over a month now since I brought this guy home and I'm extremely happy that I did. He's a super neat fish that loves to follow people around the tank.

I finally witnessed him eating out of the water column today for the first time. I fed my tangs nori and a chunk of purple (seaweed selects) came floating off and started blowing around the tank. To my surprise the trigger went for it and gobbled it up, it was about a 1/2" sq. So now I'm sure he'll be eating from the Nori clip in no time.

Just thought I would share this as it pertains to the eating timeline involved in this thread. Incase other people may find it useful at a later date if they have a BTT that will not eat.

He's finally eating Nori off the clip now as well as some nutrifin pellets. (as of today)

He looks way more confortable in the aquarium now, I'm quite amazed at how long these guys take to adjust.

Back