Largo 300 new build

Mike, any updates?

Not much to report. Things going well. Aiptasia about gone (probably down to about 10% of what was there a couple months ago). Attribute that to the Copper Banded Butterfly and Behergia Nudibranch. I see the CBB picking daily so that's a good thing.

Growth doing well, want to start adding a few high end frags and Zoas now. Hope to start fragging some things after the first of the year. Gonna crank up the LEDs to get to 100% on Blues and 85% on Whites for my peak hours in the next few weeks :).

mike

Well, since I won a cool little light from TBRC (AI Prime with mounting arm), I decided to get a nice little frag tank and plumb into my 300 gal system. I just ordered a custom made 20x20x16 frag tank (3/4 thick, black bottom and back, overflow, and tier frag racks). I am going to just pump water off my main return line from my 300 to the frag tank, and then let gravity return to my sump. That way, no cycling, no nutin! This will add about 20 gallons to the tank volume.

The light should be about perfect. I am ready to start cutting frags, but in the display tank the Naso likes to put stuff where "he wants" so unless I glue it down, it get's put wherever he wants to put them!

Anyway, as soon as I get set up, I will post some pic's!

mike

Wow Mike. Surprised I didn't hear about the new tank on Wed. Where did you order the tank from?

Ryan is making for me (built my tank). I just decided to do this over the weekend after both picking up my cool light and also chasing frags around the display tank!

So got my frag tank today. Very nice! 3/4" x 20x20x16. Have the AI Prime I won for hosting TBRC meeting. Gonna plumb directly into my 300 so will be up and running in a few days. Build quality is above and beyond! Supported a local tank builder since he did an awesome job on my tank as well.

So got my frag tank today. Very nice! 3/4" x 20x20x16. Have the AI Prime I won for hosting TBRC meeting. Gonna plumb directly into my 300 so will be up and running in a few days. Build quality is above and beyond! Supported a local tank builder since he did an awesome job on my tank as well.

:eek1:

Back