10 inch Naso Blonde
5 inch PowderBlue
3 Lyertail Anthias (one going male)
1 Blue Chromis
1 Flame Goby
1 Tomini Tang
1 Fairy Wrasse

Fish doing excellent.
Been through the Brown Diatoms and tank getting pretty clear right now. Down to every other day on cleaning glass (bought a Tunze Strong Care Magnet .... GREAT).
Adding some Easy stuff from my 120 like large chunk of Birdsnest, several Cap chunks, blue mushrooms, spongeoids, Incredible hulk and a couple others. They are doing ok, just holding their own (no tissue loss or bleaching so all good so far). Acan in there to see also.

Running two rw-20s opposite each other at 80%. doing fine. Will be hooking up to controller this weekend for alternating or whatever I settle on once I play with them.

ARCHON - after a bunch of messing around trying to get hooked to the internet, I finally got it. It was my stinking router which was an Arris Gateway. Once I changed to a simple modem and added my own linksys router, life was good (Thanks Rob Thorn!!). The controller is purely web based so you have to do everything over your computer. That took some getting used to, but now i like as it is just "easy". I have 6 switch inputs (Floats), 4 0-10v inputs (using 2 for the RWs), Salinity, 2 pH probes and two temp probes. Also have 14 power bar outputs. All of this is basically from my RKE so the ARCHON controller is using most of my old stuff. The user forum is just taking off on adding open source changes so we will see what comes along that I actually want to use. Overall, happy with it, just still very "fresh".

Plans - still need to add some rock.
Will be moving 120 contents slowly over to this tank.
I would say the 120 will not be taken down until June ... not rushing.

Hopefully will see folks in Sept TBRC meeting at my place.

I will post some pics when things start to happen, which based on experience is still a couple months away. :)

mike

Mike we need some update pics of monster tank in action

LOL, getting closer to pics! Transferred some stuff tonight. I am going slow since I have $$$$$ in livestock in the 120 I don't want to risk (Rob Thorn, your a bad influence!).

I had a few things to work out on the Zeo Tumbler. I was not getting enough flow through it so I changed some things around on that. Skimmer working very well. The pic below is about 5 days and that collection cup is 10 inch in diameter. Had to open the house up when I emptied (wife wasn't happy bout that!). Give me a couple weeks yet and I will put up a good spread of pics.

Me? A bad influence? Whatever. lol Not like you needed a Pearlberry or Oregon Tort or Orange Passion or Palmers Blue Milli. You are right. You were fine without them. We won't even mention all the other cool acros. :p

Tank just starting to take hold now. Still some large pieces from 120 to move over, just doing a few at a time right now. CaRx going on line this weekend. Very pleased with this tank as far as new start and progression.

My pics suck, but oh well! Can't wait till this is "humming" along :) (Monday at the latest). Dual Stage Regulator, Burkett zillion hour MTBF solenoid, Hoke Metering Valve, ColePalmer Effluent Parasitic pump, GEO 624 Reactor (6 dia x 24 tall) running Ca and Mg media.

I love the use of the cole parmer pump! I'm looking for one myself - although Id like to get the "drive separate from the controller" type. It's pretty complex trying to match up heads, drives and controllers.

I love the use of the cole parmer pump! I'm looking for one myself - although Id like to get the "drive separate from the controller" type. It's pretty complex trying to match up heads, drives and controllers.

Ted, Yes, the brushless with digital controller is the "bees knees" but I got this for $150. I just hooked it all up on the lanai to dry run for a day or so, it is pretty cool. The effulent is drawing from the CaRx and is easily controlled by the ColeParmer. Try and get a head that will use LS17 tubing. It is easier to find. I have one that uses the High Performance tubing so I had to get the LS24 tubing which can be pricey. The dual stage regulator will preclude the "end of tank dump" as well. Using an effluent pump, make sure you try and draw from the lid of the CaRx. I simply drilled a fitting into the cover of the Geo I have. The Masterflex thread is great.

Also, I used the Alanle thread on the two stage regulator setup. The regulator/needle valve was so easy to dial in to what ever drip rate I wanted. So far, this looks like a winner. Will be hitting the tank on Monday!!

Mike

Last edited:
Back