Latz clowns with a haddoni?

Mark

Premium Member
I currently keep my Latz with RBTA's, which are a good natural host for them. I've wanted to keep a haddoni, but held off as they were notorious fish eaters. Now I have a dedicated clown tank for my Latz, so the fish eating is less of a concern. But I can't find anyone keeping Latz with a haddoni anemone. Anyone having success with that combo?

I think in the wild they also accept S. gigantea as hosts.
I found a study that shows settling percula larvae/juveniles also go for S. haddoni and are not eaten by the anemone (though kicked out or eaten by other resident clownfish species.)

I'm keeping my darwins in a haddoni and they are doing fine. They actually accepted the anemone instantly. So I don't think latezonatus will be eaten either.

I have 3 extra haddoni and thinking about trying one for my little latezonatus. Currently they adopted a branching briareum as unwilling host and terrorize my yashas who's burrow exits right next to it.

BTW, are your latezonatus captive bred or wild?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mine are captive bred from Divers Den. I have them about a year now. Sorry no decent pics of them yet. The female of the trio is growing fast. Way quicker then my perculas did. I may try a haddoni with them. I was hopeful someone else had. I think my 45 would be a bit small for a gigantea. I think even the haddoni is pushing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my pair living in a H. crispa for many years now. They do get big. Mine are about 5 inches. They are a little skittish so they will take to any anemone almost instantly. I don't think keeping yours with haddoni induce a darker color since they are pretty much black already as adults. Carpets are cool looking but I still don't trust them especially with expensive latz. I had one eat one of my percula clowns once.

maybe affect the dorsal yellow patch..........but I´m not sure........

In Clark´s.......melanism happens..........in Latz I don´t know......

its a very subtle detail to be observed.........if you notice that the dorsal patch darken.........you can assume that S. haddoni affect the fish.........

changing anemones may affect the internal physiology................and the visible sign is the color change..........

in Latz I really don´t know what can happen............

Thanks all. I may stick to BTAs for now. I did find a YouTube video of Latz hosting in a haddoni carpet.

Horrible pic of my trio

d15422f89c178cb6b4d6e13ff55406d8.jpg

Back