Lauren's Dirt Cheap DIY Nano Reef

If you still need something for your fuge i can give you some dragon's breathe if you want. Its a pretty red macroalgae.

Let me know. I live on Southside okc. Call or text me is ok.

Deborah
406-5287

I love your tank. It is almost identical to what I've been thinking of building, stocking list and all- only I plan to use a 30L. Now that it's been a couple of months is there anything you would change about the way you designed your sump section, or do you like it the way it is? Just out of curiosity, why did you put a back on the media basket chamber instead of just running the acrylic to the back tank wall?

laziness. I wanted to use the aquaclear filter media and that was the size. This way the water is forced through the media. In hindsight I wouldnt do it that way again. Its a waist of space

Im broke and been busy with my sons first birthday and an out of town trip. I will be getting started on piecing together a fuge soon though

Awesome tank. It's coming along nicely. And it's a budget build, right up my alley. Just out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking, I am working on a similar set up (30 high) with the fuge on the side; how did you come up with the measurements for how big you wanted your filter area to be? Did you have a particular size you were going for or was it just a "that size looks good". Did the materials that you were going to purchase for the fuge (ie. pump filter material) impact what the size of the filter space was going to be?

HELP!! Im installing this same exact system and this is my first tank. How are you keeping the loc line in place through the hole? do you have some type of plastic nut on the other side of the wall threaded onto the npt connector? and how then did you secure the return pump hose to it?

Sorry but im a complete newb and need some help with this and other posts have gone unanswered or with no real detailed answer. PLEASE HELP!!

I love the build you did! I had some questions for you before I build mine. I am planning a 55 gallon build :) would you mind answering some quick questions?

Back