Lava rock instead of bio balls?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6834883#post6834883 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by selgado
Yeah Dwayne, you would go running to the mods over every little post like a sissy-boy, wouldn't you? Photoshoppers and sissy-boys are in the same category as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Thats a bit harsh, isn't it John? :)

Several things have been going on..... Out of town for work, took the kids to Castaway bay, My uncle passed. Just did not have much time to be online :(

I though maybe you were still busy catching all your fish for quarantine. Well, glad to see you around again.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6834883#post6834883 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by selgado
Yeah Dwayne, you would go running to the mods over every little post like a sissy-boy, wouldn't you? Photoshoppers and sissy-boys are in the same category as far as I'm concerned. ;)

bwahahahahaha :lol:

I have been using aragacrete (man made live rock ) On a 500 gallon setup there is about 50-75 # of live rock from the reefs/ocean than about 750-1000 pounds of aragacrete. There is a significant difference in the serface area and how pourus the rock is. The aragacrete rock will allow water to pass right through it creating lots of surface area.

When I started lava rock and coral skeletons were the way to go. There really wasn't the live rock available like today 20 years ago. The only thing I can say is my fish were never really long lived and about the only inverts I tried were condy anemones, pretty short lived under NO lights. I think there's better stuff available and not horribly expensive either...:cool:

What's a photoshopper? :confused:

I have bioballs that would probably be cheaper than lava rock anyway.... all cleaned up and ready to go.:cool:

I have bioballs that would probably be cheaper than lava rock anyway.... all cleaned up and ready to go.:cool:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6842866#post6842866 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hllywd

repost.jpg

Back