Let's See Some T5 Only Lite Tanks (remember Just T5 Lite Tanks) :-)

enomadra

So if you tank is lite by T5 lights only please post some pictures of it.
I am planing on running 6- 80 watt T5's and would like to see what other combos people are running. their are so many lights out their that I want to make sure I get the one's that look good to me. I have looked but cannot find a true 10K T5 light, and I am worried that the 6K T5 is going to be too yellow for me. I am use to running 10K and blue with True Actinic 03 in power compact. I like that look and want to reproduce it with the T5 setup.:D

Tank%20front.jpg

This is my tank with 8x54 watt tek light. I'm using 4 GE sunlight, 2 Aquablue+, and 2 Blueplus.

That blue + looks great, wonder how the actinic 03 bulb makes the corals glow, anyone have pics?

THX...

In that shot 2 Suns, 1 Aquablue, 2 Actinics.

Current setup 1 Sun, 3 Aquablues, 1 Blue+ with an Icecap 660.
It's even brighter now. :eek2:

This tank is only eight months old.
90 gallon with 8x54w Tek-Light.
For more photos and details just click my red house!

DSC03515.JPG

Thanks ddawson, and thanks everyone for posting the pictures this is great information that will help me as well as others make good choices before buying our T5 bulbs.:)

Keep the pictures coming :D :D :D

I have 4x54w bulbs.

current configuration from back to front:
blue+
sun
sun
blue+

Going to be getting 2 more to fit under my canopy. what do you guys suggest for my configuration. I was thinking from back to front...

blue+
sun
sun
sun
blue+
blue+

what do you guys think?

wow. thinking of a 40 gallon breeder tank for frags. no experience with T5 - how often are you guys needing to replace the bulbs? 36 sunlight supply 8 bulb, what config?

thx for the help.

Hey frankdreistein,

What kind of reflector are you using? I am just crious because I have heard that the only way to go is with the parabolic reflectors, but if you are keeping those coaral under T5 with a regular high polish flat reflector I may change the way I set mine up.

Thanks

yeah wow

how are the SPS doing under only 4 bulbs?

They look great.

Whats the secret?

I was thinking of getting the 6 bulb, but now....

Sorry frankdreistein,

I did not read the last line in your post. That is a pretty cool T5 setup. the only place I can find them are on german web sites. I can't read german though. I think I am going to go with the single reflector setup per bulb too. That seems like it will give me the most bang for the buck.

Let's see some more T5 pictures people :D

Wow I just searched some more and found some really cool information. It apears as though ATI has been able to increase the T5 output again!:) (8 to 10% I think)

Here is the information from a german web site. Sorry if it does not make total sense but I had to translated it and some of it got a little messed up.

"One can obtain thus a laminar lighting intensity, which corresponds approx. to 50% of the tropical midday sun. This succeeded so far only with e.g. 400 or 1000 Watts of halogen metal-vapor lamps (depending upon focusing), which had to be installed for rather uneven distribution sample however around a surface to light up somewhat more highly over the aquarium and then again to the light intensity led."

2nd paragraph

"The reason for a such increase lies apart from the closer arrangement of the tubes above all also in the somewhat higher electronic control as well as in the more purposeful focusing. By the close complete parabolic reflectors in line, one achieves a stronger light bundling, which leads in the final result to a stronger light concentration and thus to a higher coefficient of utilization. Losses are avoided by this purposeful light steering element by uncontrolled scattered light. At the same time the viewer is spared from the aquarium also from featurefeature features, as one partly finds you with lights with hello gene metal-vapor lamps."

So now it looks like I am going to be going with the ATI Power Bar light setup with the new version of their bulbs and the new version of their reflectors in the 3 bulb 80 watt version. I am going to run 2 of these setups over my 135 Gallon tank, and then.....I will keep any thing I want in my tank. :D :D :smokin:

Back