Let's See Some T5 Only Lite Tanks (remember Just T5 Lite Tanks) :-)

Thanks Jenn! I am gonna try one of the 6500k and see how it looks..the camera makes it look more purple than it really is..will post a pic when i do the switch tommorow..I just transferred from a 40B..which is why I have the 36" fixture..gotta work with what u have..lol actually with the 36" fixture it lights up pretty good..and is alot bluer..then the 48" kick on and it's Barney time lol

Yeah, the 6500 might be just the thing. I tend to like my tank a little bluer than most, I think so for me, your tank just needs a little red/yellow and it would be perfect.

Yes, Musky, I have the 72" constellation. I moved from a 29 gallon to my 180 in august and have been trying different combos since then... LOL

right now:
front

1. ATI blue Plus
2. UV Super actinic
3. Hagen Powerglo ( much like the aquasun,needed another bulb and did not want to wait to order it... can get it at Petsmart)
4. ATI blue plus
5. Ati blue Plus
6. Sfilogi Actinic
7. Ati blue Plus

I was running one of the ATI Aquablue specials in the 5th spot, but I took it out and added the 2nd actinic and kept the 4 blue pluses. I like it but think it is a bit dim. So, today I am going to take out one of the blue pluses and add back in the ATI Aquablue special in the 5th spot and see what I think. Since I like my tank a little bluer, when I had the Aquablue in there with the 4 blue pluses it was just too washed out for me. But maybe with the 2nd actinic adding back in the aquablue will be ok. sorry to ramble on, but this bulb stuff has had me in a tizzy. The one thing that I can say has been consistant is the growth of my corals....it has been fantastic using all T5s...I don't think I will EVER go back to halides.

early beginnings
00000077.jpg

2x ATI powermodules 8x39w

My 58 which has been running since Late Nov. 07. Corals added a few weeks ago. The T5's are temporary. I do not like the heat they add to the tank. I will be hanging either one or two LumenArc Mini's over it which in my experience are easier to cool. The temp differential is too low for effective evaporative cooling with the canopy I have. This isn't my first tank with T5 and it won't be my last.

The growth has been good...everything browned out but are starting to color up again. Lighting is a 4x39 Tek retro and 4x21 watt actintic is those crappy coralife fixtures. It was the only way to squeeze 8 bulbs over a 58. Bulbs are a mixture of Odyssea 12K, Coralife 10K (21 watt NO T5 being severely overdriven. :D ) Geisman Actintic and Coralife actintic.

exposure corrected...not this dark IRL
58-1-4-10.jpg

point & shoot mode. brightness is closer to what the eye sees.
58sps3fts4-5.jpg

It is plenty bright and in just a few weeks there is ample growth. If I could keep the chiller from coming on so much I would keep the T5's but they were meant to be temporary as I have a couple Mini's waiting. I will either use 2x150 or a single 250 in a mini. It should keep everything happy and growing until we move into a house and set up the 185. :D

Well... why not? :)

DSC_00582.jpg

Picture, Front to back:

ATI Blue Plus
UVL Actinic White
ATI Aquablue Special
ATI Blue Plus

Running Right Now, Front to back:

ATI Blue Plus
ATI AquaBlue Special
UVL ActinicWhite
UVL SuperActinic

These are an IceCap retrofit kit from ReefGeek with VS Ballasts.

Between these and my new kalk reactor, I am getting TONS of growth out of everything, including my sps! I'm really happy with these lights.

Brandon

Here are some recent shots of my 120 Gallon.

Bulb Order & Type
Front of Tank
- ATI Blue Plus
- ATI Pro Color
- UVL 75/25
- ATI Blue Plus
- UVL AquaSun 10000K
- ATI Blue Plus
- ATI Aqua Blue Special
- ATI Blue Plus

Thanks

Zaydens1stb-day098.jpg

Zaydens1stb-day099.jpg

Zaydens1stb-day100.jpg

Zaydens1stb-day101.jpg

Thanks,

~KniL~

WOW! Very nice humbugy!

What size tank is that?

Gotta love the Blue+, AquaBlue, and UVL SA combo, man. :)

Brandon

Back