Let's See Some T5 Only Lite Tanks (remember Just T5 Lite Tanks) :-)

I don't have any new pics up, but I will :)

I am in the process of changing my 14 month old bulbs and will go with a new combo:

1 Actinic
2 Blue +
3 Aquablue specials

These are shot under a 6x80 system with 2 of each lamp sun, aquablue, blue. My crappy camera doesn't show the colors good.

38553corals_003__Custom_.jpg

38553corals_002__Custom_.jpg

These are some pics of my 72gal bowfront. I've got a total of 6 bulbs...3 daylight and 3 actinic plus. They are the NO T-5's from Helios.
Full tank view...
Fulltank.jpg

Front left view...
Frontleft.jpg

Front middle view...
Frontmiddle.jpg

Front right view...
Frontright.jpg

Very nice looking tank. I too like the daylights (aquablues) and blue +'s.

Hey Grim Reefer,

What balast are you using on your setup? I am thinking that I will run 6 of the 80watt T5 also.

Duh, I just saw you are running an ICE Cap 660's

Thanks

Great pictures people!
Rxonco...I have a 72 bow as well with 356 watt of PC. I have 130 watt actinic and 226 of 10k. I have been fortunate in that my hammers, torch, colt, shrooms up high do very well. But zoos and leathers don't fair very well. I certainly don't have a problem with stars spreading. Any ideas? Do you use additives? I thought my lighting was sufficient, but maybe not? Thanks:)

I use CoralVite a couple of times a week and make sure they get plenty of food. Sounds like your light should be plenty.

Wow, you have less wattage than my PC system and the same size tank! I thought I would have to get the 8 * 54 watts to keep SPS in my 75.

I may have to rethink my upgrade options.

frankdreistein said:
75 gallon with 4*54 W T5
all bulbs from ATI

moflow said:
what ballasts rxonco?

The helios T-5's have a built in ballast. All you have to do is mount them and plug 'em in. Keep in mind that they're NO, but so far they've done pretty well for me.

Cearbhaill said:
Beautiful rxonco- what keeps your sand so perfectly white??

Tons of hermits and snails...oh, and a little bit of glare from the lights always helps it look a little whiter.:D

thinking of using T5's in a 40 gallon breeder for a place to put lps and sps to buyer/seller to and from main tank. good idea?
typically how often are these bulbs lasting. usual VHO's are 6 to 8 months. thx

Back