LF: Fish Trap / Acclimation Box

minus9

Looking for a small or medium sized fish trap, prefer San Fernando Valley area if possible? I'll even rent yours if you don't want to sell it? Let me know whatcha got?
Thanks!

540000a6e0bcdfd0be24322f20b4dece.jpg

Decided to make one myself. I had a little extra time today, so we'll see how it works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with the homemade trap.

This one was great for me catching out the wrasse. Every fish in my tank went in the trap.

2014fb152daabda83d1dc3c368c095bc.jpg

Good luck with the homemade trap.

This one was great for me catching out the wrasse. Every fish in my tank went in the trap.

2014fb152daabda83d1dc3c368c095bc.jpg

Lol Looks those tangs are trapped in a fish bowl

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

Have you tried the trick where you shut off tank lights for about at least an hour of total darkness and then suddenly turn the tank lights on? The fish are dazed and disoriented and easy to net

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

Well, if my trap doesn't work, then your bubble trap looks like it'll do the job. I watched a few vids with those and they seem like a pretty cool trap. I'm trying to catch my yellow tang. Unfortunately, the light trick won't work with him, as he hangs out next to my clowns and their host is my Duncan. Right next to it is a colony of miyagi tort and the YT hides underneath. There are multiple colonies that intertwine next to each other, which creates a very safe place for fish to hide. So I'm left with the trap, without destroying everything. I'm trading him for a small scopus and tomini.

Use that territorial instinct against the guy and place a small mirror near the trap. Once he’s after himself in that general area move the mirror behind the trap so he has to swim in to fight himself. This has worked with a few tangs for me. To the point they don’t even notice they are trapped ;)

Back