LFS in Tampa Bay

jlfox81

Hi all. I'm new to the hobby and and this forum - just getting started. We really like our local fish/aquarium store, but it has limited livestock selection. We would like to try others in the area and looking for recommendations from this community.

Brandon fish and aquarium store
Fish and other icthy stuff
Drysdale aquarium
Creative aquariums

Those are the four I frequent. If you make it out to Orlando, check out worldwide corals

I also like marine warehouse and coral corral on hillsborough. Ichthy stuff has the healthiest fish around IMO. And definitely +1 to creative aquariums for their SPS...great selection, great prices, nice large healthy frags. I find drysdale has some more rare items. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions :)

New on the roster is "What's in Your Tank" on the north side of Tampa. It's just off of hwy 54 in Land O Lakes. Ask for Wayne.

Sea life in St Pete is also worth mentioning. Great people run the place, decent prices on fish, corals run on the expensive side though.

Where do you live?. A and R is in St. Pete and A Tropical is in Pinellas Park and Largo. Only 3 stores in lower Pinellas I recommend. Went to a couple others last weekend just getting out of the house and yikes.

To piggyback a bit, are any of these "must" visit. I typically hit up Creative Aquariums because my in-laws live on that side of town and the Brandon store because that's where my parents are. But I also make the 45 minute trek to Coral Corral because that place is large enough that it should charge admission. Just curious if there's something else worth the drive.

Where do you live?. A and R is in St. Pete and A Tropical is in Pinellas Park and Largo. Only 3 stores in lower Pinellas I recommend. Went to a couple others last weekend just getting out of the house and yikes.

I'm out towards Brandon and I try to avoid crossing the bridges unless there is a very good reason. But Largo has Bill Jackson's, which I can't resist from time to time, so I may have to check out A Tropical next time I head over there.

@tuffyyyyy I'd say it's worth visiting drysdale at least once...he supposedly has 20% off going on tomorrow for a "hurricane relief" sale. Ichthy stuff is a really nice shop, too, and only about 5 minutes from coral corral...if you came up hillsborough/tampa rd you could easily stop in 3 of the top-5 shops in the area.

If you are looking for must see, head out to worldwide corals at least once. If you can time it with a day they open the coral farm even better.
Not really tampa area, but if you are already in Brandon, its probably just as far as some of the Pinellas shops.

If you are looking for must see, head out to worldwide corals at least once. If you can time it with a day they open the coral farm even better.
Not really tampa area, but if you are already in Brandon, its probably just as far as some of the Pinellas shops.

I'm usually only down there for 2 weeks or so out of the year and am always trying to come up with an excuse to go over there. Was finally able to go in May but was surprised how small it was. I always pictured it to be the size of a warehouse. Awesome stock though.

Back