BUDGET REEFING: Inexpensive, yet beautiful, fish

So I got a black molly this morning and drip acclimated him for 4 hours. He seemed just fine with the salt water. But as soon as I put him into the DT, the bigger clown of the pair went after it. The molly was able to get away for a couple of minutes but the clown got a good grip eventually and thrashed till it stopped moving. I don't think I am going to try this again

So I got a black molly this morning and drip acclimated him for 4 hours. He seemed just fine with the salt water. But as soon as I put him into the DT, the bigger clown of the pair went after it. The molly was able to get away for a couple of minutes but the clown got a good grip eventually and thrashed till it stopped moving. I don't think I am going to try this again
What kind of clowns do you have?

Salt water fish are expensive. I will arbitrarily decided that less than 100.00 is inexpensive. There are a huge number of inexpensive (my kind of) fish that are beautiful. The following fishes are fish that I got for around 50+/-ish. Mainly from the local Petco here at Corpus Chritsti. I have a few others, but the policy of ReefCental prevent me from uploading other pictures I have since the picture is "too large" and I don't have the patient and time right now to resize them. May be another time.
ExquisiteFairyWrasse2019062401.jpg

Flameback Angel
Flameback2020102801Maleresized.jpg

Lubbock Fairy
LubbockFairyB2019052801.jpg

McCosker Flasher
McCoskeri2018051801resized.jpg

Naoko Fairy
NaokoFairy2019092401.jpg

Aquamarine Fairy
SolonFairy2019062402.jpg

Yellow Fin Flasher
YellowfinFlasher2018071602.jpg

Salt water fish are expensive. I will arbitrarily decided that less than 100.00 is inexpensive. There are a huge number of inexpensive (my kind of) fish that are beautiful
I don't think I ever spent $100.00 on anything live in my tank, that includes corals. I realize many people don't have a choice and have to buy online or from a LFS that is very overpriced. That is a shame. :rolleyes:

Paul,
I take your words with a grain (or 1000 grains) of salt. I know that you spend 25.00 in ancient time for fish. You posted pictures of your receipts of such transactions. If you think about it, 25.00 when you were young, 1000+ years ago, is much more than 100.00 in today's money.;)

Thats totally true. But I find fish are very cheap, especially if you can keep them a long time. One of my fire clowns is 34 years old and was probably $15.00. So it cost me about 50 cents a year. :D

Back