Lighting for starphire...

Rothaquatix

Hey Purchasing a 120 gal rimless starphire in the very near future and plan to keep a primarily sps dominant, mixed reef. The tank dimensions are 48x 30x20 LxWxH. I would like to use halides but the tank is so deep that Im thinking a 20+ inch deep t5 fixture would do a better job with coverage and I cant find any combo t5 MH fixtures deeper than 15". Does Mh have better spred? anyway my 2 personal choices are the ATI pm 10xt5 48"x21.5"....Or the hamilton belize sun 2x 250 watt MH+ 2x 80 watt t5'S 48"x13.75.. what do you think? Like I said its a rimless so Id like to keep astetics in mind. I like the look of the power mod since it matches the shape of the tank but I like the moonlight led's on the hamilton and I dont know how I would retro fit a moonlight kit in a power mod....How do most of you experianced rimless owners moonlight while maintaining a clean look? thanks for all the help fellow reefers all said and done Ill be sure to post pics of my new set up once up and running thanks again. P.S can someone please refer me to a moonlighting explination post im not even sure how it fully works or how important it is...thx

That Belize Sun you are looking at will kick butt, but... it will also have 5 power cords. One for each MH, one for T5, one for LEDs and one for the fans. 4 of the cords will be very thick and the LED cord is thin. I have 6 power cords on my 72" 3x400w Belize.

That Belize Sun you are looking at will kick butt, but... it will also have 5 power cords. One for each MH, one for T5, one for LEDs and one for the fans. 4 of the cords will be very thick and the LED cord is thin. I have 6 power cords on my 72" 3x400w Belize.

Do you like yours? any problems other than noise to report? my aquarium is 30 inches wide will the spectrum be wide enough for full coverage? how bright are your led's god i have so many questions haha pls pm me youre report! much appreciated!

Back