Lighting Requirements for Tridacnids

Does anyone have any experience with any type of clam (although I would prefer a maxima) with Ecotech radion pro30w I also have one kessil 700? I would be keep the clam aroind 24" deep but could move it up. I have 5 radions and one kessil.

I have two Kessil AP700 over my 180. My new Maxima clam is just a few inches from the sand. I have taken PAR readings and his area should receive at least 250 PAR, probably closer to 300 and 70% for 7 hours. I don't plan to move it much I think it will receive all the light it needs where it is.
Day 1: just a few hours after adding.
1aa5762cd32d91c8fcbdcd872967bbca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 T. Max and 1 Deresa under four AI hydra52 on the bottom of a standard 120. They are all growing and opening just fine. I run my lights at about 60 power.

I get about 175 PAR at the gravel in my 30" tall tank. Has sufficed to grow a squamosa from 4 to 14 inches in a little over 3 years. Maximas I have grown higher up at about 300 PAR. All LED.

My wife is really into blue in the tank so I was thinking of adding a blue squamosa when the tank is fully mature. I have a standard 90 gallon, 2" sand bed so 22" deep with two radios Xr15w pros. Will this be enough lighting for the clam?

Back