Lighting Requirements for Tridacnids

short answer is YES! i have numerous maxis under my ai's, which ive had four months. clams seem to love it. 3 clams are less than 2 months in the tank, the rest are all prior to the ai's under t-5's. don't know anything about vertex.

short answer is YES! i have numerous maxis under my ai's, which ive had four months. clams seem to love it. 3 clams are less than 2 months in the tank, the rest are all prior to the ai's under t-5's. don't know anything about vertex.

What intensity are you running your AI? How deep is your tank? I have AI and am considering clams.

What intensity are you running your AI? How deep is your tank? I have AI and am considering clams.
i have my 3 ai's at max intensity only from 11:30-3:30. the rest of the time it's less. from 10:30-1130 and until 330- 5:30 its about 60-75%. have had the lights since dec. no tragedies. tank to bottom is 20" but clams are at different heights, based on their needs. lights are 12" above waterline though. clams would love the lights.
do you like the lights?

I am making a cree DIY set-up over my 29 gallon tank. I think I am going to put a clam under it.. this thread has some good and helpful information.

I'm just not too sure which clam to get yet?

I want to do a 10 gallon just-clam setup, but I can't find any MH lights for 10 gallon, so would PCs be okay, like 8-9 watts per gallon of 6500K?
Also, do clams need special feeding or is regular phyplankton all right?
The 10 gallon will be plumbed into my 44 gallon FOWLR and 10 gallon sump.

I want to do a 10 gallon just-clam setup, but I can't find any MH lights for 10 gallon, so would PCs be okay, like 8-9 watts per gallon of 6500K?
Also, do clams need special feeding or is regular phyplankton all right?
The 10 gallon will be plumbed into my 44 gallon FOWLR and 10 gallon sump.
wrong area to post this, but
pc's really are NOT suitable for clams
NO feeding at all. 10 gallon is not gonna be stable enough for clams, unless you are a fantastic perfectionist, imo

Just wondering if anyone has experience with clams under a more blue lighting (Blue+/Purple + T5 on SLR)? or must there absolutely be a 10000/6500K bulb in the mix?

I believe you need a light that will feed the algae that is in the clam....so I'm thinking a 6500K is almost absolutely necessary.

Hey all,

Recently picked up a 2X96watt pc kit I'm planning on suspending about 6" above the water line of a standard 20g tank. Understanding the general consensus about pc's with some of the more light loving clams -- how would a derasa fair under these lighting conditions? What K bulb should I be looking at?

Thanks

Interesting. The only thing I would of liked is some information on the lighting via. led's like keeping them under aqua illuminations ect.

I have a standard 75 gallon and I'm looking at getting a Squamosa, I currently have t-5ho 4 bulb set up, I always thought this was not enough light, after reading this I think I might be more confused. Some people say t-5 isnt enough but then others are saying with fixtures being better built theses days they should be ok. What are your thoughts. Thanks

I have a standard 75 gallon and I'm looking at getting a Squamosa, I currently have t-5ho 4 bulb set up, I always thought this was not enough light, after reading this I think I might be more confused. Some people say t-5 isnt enough but then others are saying with fixtures being better built theses days they should be ok. What are your thoughts. Thanks

I have squamosa in my 90G with a ATI sunpower 6x54w and it has been growing and staying healthy for the past 2 years. 2 bulbs turn on in the morning for an hour then shut off with the 4 bulbs turning on for the majority of the day then turn off with an hour of 2 bulb before complete darkness. I run Blue+, fiji purple, and aquablue.

I have a 40 breeder, with a 6 bulb t5 and my bulbs are 2 giesseman actinic+, 2 ati blueplus, and 2 giesseman aquablue+. think I could get some kind of a clam in this set up?

Back