lighting system for a 55 gallon

manutd16

Should I go with the coral life lighting system for a 55 or should I go another route? what else is out there, Im a lil confused on the electric ballist way Im a maintenace worker and I know how to rig up a ballist to a regular lighting system is it the same for tanks?

As always, The lighting you choose depends what you are going to keep.
I have two different 55's running, on with a Coralife 2 65 watt PC hood which is not enough light for most corals, but it's my zenia factory.
The other has a DIY hood with 3 110 46.5 in. VHO's run by 2 workhorse 7 ballasts. I've grown just about everything well in there.

So, decide what you want to grow first, then get the lighting.

Just in case it's not too late. I would trade my 55 for a 75 or 90.
I really hate the fact the tank is so narrow front to back.
good luck
Bill

Yeah go with the 90. I hate my 75 more everyday. The 75 give you more front to back room and if you go for that you might as well get a few more inches of depth and go with the 90.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7056077#post7056077 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BeanAnimal
Yeah go with the 90. I hate my 75 more everyday. The 75 give you more front to back room and if you go for that you might as well get a few more inches of depth and go with the 90.

Ha! It will never stop!! If you are set on a 4ft tank, get a 120, that will give you even more valuable space front to back, but then you will want a 180 then a 220....265.....

Back