Live Aquaria Diver's Den

atnaquariums

Hey guys, I am just curious about your experiences with Live Aquaria's Divers Den. My Juvenile Ornate Wrasse, Juvenile Harlequin Tusk, and Tahitain Butterfly are from them and they are very healthy with huge appetites.

My experience is mixed. A good number of animals I got from DD came in great and never caused any problems.
But I also had quite a few DOAs with fish, DOAs with shrimp and crabs because they were crushed to death by large gravel pieces in their specimen containers, fish that arrived in poor condition, and a Red Sea regal angel that wouldn't eat and ultimately died. All the problems may have been due to shipping, especially the DOAs, but that was ultimately DD's fault due to improper packing, adding too many ice packs in the summer so that the fish froze to death in the box,...
Not necessarily financial losses, but quite frustrating.

My experience is mixed. A good number of animals I got from DD came in great and never caused any problems.

But I also had quite a few DOAs with fish, DOAs with shrimp and crabs because they were crushed to death by large gravel pieces in their specimen containers, fish that arrived in poor condition, and a Red Sea regal angel that wouldn't eat and ultimately died. All the problems may have been due to shipping, especially the DOAs, but that was ultimately DD's fault due to improper packing, adding too many ice packs in the summer so that the fish froze to death in the box,...

Not necessarily financial losses, but quite frustrating.

did they reimburse you even for the fish that didn't eat?

Am I correct in saying DD is company that quarantines their fish so you can add them to the DT without a quarantine period?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, they did. The fish actually died about 2 months after I got it.

Am I correct in saying DD is company that quarantines their fish so you can add them to the DT without a quarantine period?

I would not take that risk. Some people actually reported that they got fish from DD with ick and/or velvet. I have no way to verify those claims, but DD does actually not claim that their fish are fully quarantined. All they claim is that they are fully acclimated and eating (which might in some cases be only specialty foods as live pods or acropora polyps.)

I would not take that risk. Some people actually reported that they got fish from DD with ick and/or velvet. I have no way to verify those claims, but DD does actually not claim that their fish are fully quarantined. All they claim is that they are fully acclimated and eating (which might in some cases be only specialty foods as live pods or acropora polyps.)[/QUOTE]

wow. thank you for preventing me from jeopardizing my tank!

I'd say my experiences run 70/30 toward the positive side. The fish generally come in healthy (although I seem to have some problems with wrasse lately) but no way would I just dump them into my DT. Warranties used to be the best in the business, now they seem to going...corporate. Customer service is still really good though, especially if you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No... DD will "condition" the fish which means they hold it at least 2 weeks to make sure the specimen is eating and thats it. All fish that can withstand copper are put in tanks at DD with copper in them but 2 weeks isn't long enough to kill off most diseases. There are no vendors out there that Qt their fish long enough to be free of all diseases and there is no substitute for you Qting

Back