lobster eggs

birdguy30

In Memoriam
does any body know about lobster eggs,i received some from work today.
i work at a supermarket and the seafood manager told me one lobster had eggs on her,and ask me if i wanted some,try to hatch them in my sump.any body have any ideas.

A freshly laid lobster egg is the size of the head of a pin (1/16"). A 1-pound female lobster usually carries approximately 8,000 eggs. A 9-pound female may carry more than 100,000 eggs. The female lobster carries the eggs inside for 9 to 12 months and then for another 9 to 12 months externally attached to the swimmerets under her tail. When the eggs hatch, the larvae will float near the surface for 4 to 6 weeks. The few that survive will settle to the bottom and continue to develop as baby lobsters. From every 50,000 eggs only 2 lobsters are expected to survive to legal size.

I am just guessing here, but, they would make awsome food for the tank :) And I am being totally serious!

Great calculations, Nammy!

Sort of like the 6mil sperm? Though, that number was back in 1981 when I went through Albany Med, now the average number of human male sperm has dropped to about 5.4 or so? Gotta love contemporary use of plastics!

You could also eat them too. It's good!

Rainer - I bought a Epiphone, Les Paul Electric Guitar! Sweet...

Back