Local species.

musicsmaker

Premium Member
I was recently at surfside beach and saw some anemones on some of the granite boulders. I haven't been able to find any information about local marine species and was wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction.

I can't give you a species name, but I have maintained them. They are hardy and don't move much. They are very good at capturing food and will eat anything that has the misfortune walking their way. They love hermits. Not so bad with fish.

I didn't take any of them, but I would have guessed they would be hardy. Considering the ones I saw were exposed at low tide and covered with sand. :D

I did however grab a few tiny sand crabs. One of them is in my tank and seams to be doing ok. I'm waiting to see if he causes me any trouble. If he does he will become dinner. For someone.

i have a few of these in my tank they are really easy to remove without harming them and they live forever. try looking up warty anemone...i think that is the name of them. they dont like a lot of light though mine stay in caves mostly.

Back