Long Island LFS information list

I just got back from aqua hut and it is hands-down the worst store I have ever been to, the tanks are horribly maintained no coral, barely any fish and the workers looked like crackheads. I wouldn't recommend anyone go there for anything other than supplies. There is also a new store in Huntington called reef scape that I am heading to now

I just got back from aqua hut and it is hands-down the worst store I have ever been to, the tanks are horribly maintained no coral, barely any fish and the workers looked like crackheads. I wouldn't recommend anyone go there for anything other than supplies. There is also a new store in Huntington called reef scape that I am heading to now

yeah they have great deals on glass, but they never have anything live worth looking at.

I just came back from my usual trip up and down sunrise. I hit country critters then Caribbean blue and that was the last time I make that loop. I'll never go to those two stores again looking for coral/frags...absolutely terrible.

the only store I'll goto as of now for coral/frags is deer park. PLEASE let us know how the new store is!

The folks at Aquarium Village in Westbury are really helpful. The tanks are clean and they have a nice selection of corals and fish.

The folks at Aquarium Village in Westbury are really helpful. The tanks are clean and they have a nice selection of corals and fish.

I went there yesterday too! Amazing selection Clean Well maintained and helpful and friendly staff Big store too

yeah they have great deals on glass, but they never have anything live worth looking at.

I just came back from my usual trip up and down sunrise. I hit country critters then Caribbean blue and that was the last time I make that loop. I'll never go to those two stores again looking for coral/frags...absolutely terrible.

the only store I'll goto as of now for coral/frags is deer park. PLEASE let us know how the new store is!

You don't like Caribbean blue?! I think they have a pretty good selection of things. Hmm but I do agree about country critters Store is pretty terrible and not so helpful they'll do anything for $ The new store actually wasn't fully setup yet But it looks like a lfs on the smaller side like deer park, Which I also stopped at yesterday and got a flame hawk lol

You don't like Caribbean blue?! I think they have a pretty good selection of things. Hmm but I do agree about country critters Store is pretty terrible and not so helpful they'll do anything for $ The new store actually wasn't fully setup yet But it looks like a lfs on the smaller side like deer park, Which I also stopped at yesterday and got a flame hawk lol

nope, hate that place. the last few times I left there empty handed. twice was because they told me something wasn't for sale (that really drove me crazy). deer park is solid for coral, I never bought a fish there but they tell me they'll order anything for you if you leave a deposit.

nice pickup with the flame hawk...I wish I had the balls to get one...I'm just nervous about my shrimp and other small fish.

Looks like there's another new place in South Huntington called Reef Scape (741-B WEST JERICHO TPK) Entrance is actually on Cold Spring hills rd. Its funny I pass by it every day when I drop my kids off at school and just noticed the sign today. Looking at their FB page looks like they just opened a week or 2 ago. Anyone been there yet?

I hear there is a new store called supreme reefs in northport area .. Haven't been there yet so I can't comment believe they have an online store also u can check out .. Cba and tropical island are my 2 favorite stores ..

I really like Tropical Island, I got a pair of really nice sea and reef black phantom clowns, an ora orchid dottyback, and a hippo tang from them, basically all of the fish in my tank so far, I really like that they have captive bred fish, everyone there is really nice and seems like they love the hobby as much as we do, there is also a new place called Pet Paradise in Moriches, their fish room is small but they have some decent stuff, cardinals, clowns, puffers, triggers, and angels, one small frag tank. Prices on fish are good and the prices on supplies are REALLY good, I feel bad getting stuff from them sometimes because I feel like I'm getting over on them lol.

lfs

lfs

just got back into the hobby and started going to cba in bayshore, staff is very nice pretty good choice of reef equipment and frags. looking to take a ride to deer park to see how they are in comparision, also agree that cc is a dump now a days as when i was in the hobby 10+ years ago it was the place to go...such a shame

Stopped by Long Island aquarium I. Deer park and to say the least I was impressed with how clean there tanks were and the different types of frags they had. Will be costing this place more often

Looks like there's another new place in South Huntington called Reef Scape (741-B WEST JERICHO TPK) Entrance is actually on Cold Spring hills rd. Its funny I pass by it every day when I drop my kids off at school and just noticed the sign today. Looking at their FB page looks like they just opened a week or 2 ago. Anyone been there yet?

I've been in there a few times, checking it out, but that was before I refilled my tank (been dry since Sandy). The guy has a storefront, but his real business is maintenance. He's got a lot of parts, if you need, and a decent amount of tank space. He does have some unusual fish -- not sure if any or all are for sale -- and I noticed a few interesting frags. Same deal with Fish Life on 110, but I think that store was opened and sold quickly because there was a major remodel done about 3 months ago and I don't recognize anyone in there anymore.

Haven't been to either for awhile. As I said, I've just refilled my 55, and since I'm still cycling I haven't been shopping. I don't want to be tempted to rush it ;)

Any new stores worth checking out lately? I'm off the next few days and don't mind making some trips. I've been to aquarium village and pets warehouse regularly.

Any new stores worth checking out lately? I'm off the next few days and don't mind making some trips. I've been to aquarium village and pets warehouse regularly.
Those are my go to shops. I'm going to Aquarium Village as soon as I leave work to pick up some salt. Have you been to Pets Aquatic in New Hyde Park?

Those are my go to shops. I'm going to Aquarium Village as soon as I leave work to pick up some salt. Have you been to Pets Aquatic in New Hyde Park?

Yeah me too aquarium village is my go to store, steve has always been super helpful. Pets warehouse is 2 blocks away from me I go there if I need something quick.

I read mixed reviews about pets aquatic if it's worth the trip I'll take a ride out there this weekend.

As far as CBA,I have had good luck with their corals,but as for their fish go,every one I have purchased from them didn't survive more than two weeks,I do love the place but I won't be picking up any more fish from them.

Back