Long Island LFS information list

Was in Fish Life yesterday. Nice frags, tanks look well maintained. They had a leak in one reef tank so the others are a bit crowded now. If my tank was ready I'd definitely pick up a few frags. They had nice flowerpots and hammers. Not too much SPS, but the ones they have look to be in good shape.

Not sure if it's worth a special trip for everyone, but if you're in the area you should definitely stop in. It's probably the nicest store in the area now.

I went to Pets Aquatics a few weeks ago to check it out. The guy tried his best to help (he even went on his phone to google answers).

Wasn't impressed with the coral selection (maybe I went when they didn't have much in?). Fish looked good.

Was in Fish Life yesterday. Nice frags, tanks look well maintained. They had a leak in one reef tank so the others are a bit crowded now. If my tank was ready I'd definitely pick up a few frags. They had nice flowerpots and hammers. Not too much SPS, but the ones they have look to be in good shape.

Not sure if it's worth a special trip for everyone, but if you're in the area you should definitely stop in. It's probably the nicest store in the area now.

Where's Fish Life?

I have nothing but good things to say about Fish Life. Super helpful service and the frags I picked up from them have all done well in my tank. Also, if they don't have what you want stock, they will go out and get it for you and let you know when it's in. There pricing is competitive - they check online pricing before setting their price and attempt to match it.

I have nothing but good things to say about Fish Life. Super helpful service and the frags I picked up from them have all done well in my tank. Also, if they don't have what you want stock, they will go out and get it for you and let you know when it's in. There pricing is competitive - they check online pricing before setting their price and attempt to match it.

They're really good about getting stuff for you and prices are pretty good. Been there a few times in the last week or so. Very helpful, indeed. Great to have a place that nice so close to home.

I went to visit Fish Life yesterday for the first time.

Small fish supply, i saw he had a few sick tangs.

A lot of corals at great prices, the guy was helpful in giving me info on them.
I purchased a goni, and yes, dip them!! I found a nudi on it when I got home.

I will be going back to get some more corals in a few weeks since I liked their selection and pricing.

Technically on Long Island, but in Queens -

I just visited New York Reef Aquatic in Flushing this weekend. I've been shopping around for a new LFS and so far out of 5 different places i visited, this place had the cleanest nicest tanks and the best selection of fish and corals. Really nice staff there too, i told them up front i wasn't buying anything today but had a few questions and they didn't blow me off. They were quite nice and helpful.

As soon as i have my tank straightened out i will be returning.

I went to Aqua Hut in Coram yesterday, it was a hike out for me so I went based on good reviews.

Terrible!! So many sick fish with cloudy and popeye and ich.
Corals looked to be in a very sad position.

I stepped on a dead fish (or I at least hoped it was dead)

I would never go back to this place. They had quite a number of people working there with their hands in the tanks, no reason for the horrible condition of the store.

I went to Aqua Hut in Coram yesterday, it was a hike out for me so I went based on good reviews.

Terrible!! So many sick fish with cloudy and popeye and ich.
Corals looked to be in a very sad position.

I stepped on a dead fish (or I at least hoped it was dead)

I would never go back to this place. They had quite a number of people working there with their hands in the tanks, no reason for the horrible condition of the store.

Yes this store is disgusting if I go there it's usually for dry goods since they have good prices .
I don't think they have a clue what they are doing , it's a shame because the store has potential and a lot of people go there but the whole store needs a make over with new tanks and system

Hey guys if your ever in the east north port area you need to check out high tide corals. It's a small shop and a bit difficult to find ( it's in a small indoor strip mall) but man are his tanks stocked with incredible stuff and his prices are awesome. Today was my first time there and I have found my new store for corals.

Yes this store is disgusting if I go there it's usually for dry goods since they have good prices .
I don't think they have a clue what they are doing , it's a shame because the store has potential and a lot of people go there but the whole store needs a make over with new tanks and system

I think that doing the kind of business that store could do would just annoy Don (owner), I get the impression he's not really a people person.
I've only been in there 3 or 4 times.

I recently stopped at Tropical Island, it was impressive. Nice selection, clean tanks, clean store and friendly employees. I found his prices to be reasonable, not great, not crazy high, reasonable.

I stumbled upon a new store that just opened up a couple of blocks down from my parents house called Advanced Marine aquatics in Albertson. I went there a couple of nights ago right when they were about to close and it looked like a nice store with nice selection of fish and corals (in addition to about 15 mid to large gem tangs if anyone is interested).
I met the owner Andrew who seemed like a really nice guy. I placed an order for a few fish with him and will let you guys know how it works out.
I guess i'll be visiting my parents more frequently now lol.

Hello all getting back into reef if with a sca 50 pnp cube build. I live in middle island and was wondering what good reputable fish stores are around? From read it sounds like a lot of them are way west of me. Anyone know of anything good in my area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi curry. I also live in middle Island. Nothing around us worth mentioning. Like others have said, Aquahut in the Home Depot shopping center is decent for dry goods but that's about it. Country Critters is expensive but fun to look at.

Hi curry. I also live in middle Island. Nothing around us worth mentioning. Like others have said, Aquahut in the Home Depot shopping center is decent for dry goods but that's about it. Country Critters is expensive but fun to look at.

Hey! I was at cc the other week and was really disappointed with there coral selection. And of course the fish where very expensive. I got the impression almost like they where doing away with coral, one of there main coral display tanks was broken down and dry and everything else they had looked sickley. I was going to take a ride to the place in deer park. I've read about it a little bit on here butt my buddy who use to be into Reefing loves that place

Does anyone go to BTJs jungle? If im over in that area im either going to Carib blue or Pets Warehouse. Btjs is right in between and I never stop in. Is it any good nowadays?

The Place on Deer Park Ave is nice. I myself am just getting back into the hobby. I was just there last weekend and tanks looked good. I picked up 2 frags and 2 fish

Looks like there's another new place in South Huntington called Reef Scape (741-B WEST JERICHO TPK) Entrance is actually on Cold Spring hills rd. Its funny I pass by it every day when I drop my kids off at school and just noticed the sign today. Looking at their FB page looks like they just opened a week or 2 ago. Anyone been there yet?
Not that new, actually. The owner, "Johnny Fish " is great to talk with. Not interested in just making a sale. He is a wonderful resource, makes custom tanks, sumps, refugiums, and absolutely knows his stuff. Most of the business is tank setup and maintenance. And yes, the fish are sale. : )

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not that new, actually. The owner, "Johnny Fish " is great to talk with. Not interested in just making a sale. He is a wonderful resource, makes custom tanks, sumps, refugiums, and absolutely knows his stuff. Most of the business is tank setup and maintenance. And yes, the fish are sale. : )

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

+1 on this
Definitely see John if you are looking for a healthy fish.

Back