Longevity of large glass tanks?

I had one built back in 1998, was about 700 liters, and for 3 years now is on the garden and still in perfect condition.

I got my 6' long 100 gallon tank in about 1977 or so, it is still running and has never been emptied. I don't remember who made it but I think it was "Perfecto"

I have a 90 by Odell still with water since 1990...it was my DT untill I upgraded and now it's my fuge.

I have a RR Oceanic 500 glln for 7yrs. still in perfect condition. But they are a bit pricey but how they say you get what you pay for!

Thats encouraging. Having owned two acrylic tanks since 2004 and both have had issues. Mind you same manufacturer, but I'm ready for a glass unit. One more strike & I'm outta here (reefing that is). Thanks for the feedback.

Good to hear. I just ordered my glass to rebuild my 96 x 36 x 30. Really contemplating calling back and pushing the width up to 48". :)

10 years, built by myself.
I grind the corners off of my razor blades and make sure not let the magnets get close to the sand.

48" it is, I firmed up the order today. I'm thinking of building it right on the stand. I have seen where others have done it this way. I'm sure there are pro's & cons to he different methods. This will definitely be my last go around in reefing. Maybe I'll start a build thread, who knows.

i purchased my 240gal (96*24*24 dimensions) tank used in 2008. (it was in a college for i believe 10+ years prior to my getting.)
it came with PFO lights, wetdry filters and drain pipes with foam (before dursos)

its a DAS tank, and looks like the day it was made. its great. (and made of 1/2" glass if it mattered)

Back