Looks like I am getting a tank...

Twisted

Premium Member
So got offered a 120 gallon at an amazing price. After a couple days "discussing" it with my wife, we decided to do it. I most likely won't be attempting corals until it has been up for awhile of course.
And then I will most likely start out slow with some soft corals and such. You know responsible?

I am very much looking forward to getting back into the hobby though!

I'm sure you all missed me! :facepalm: Ok, maybe not.

Moved it to my house this weekend, but have a lot of cleaning, and some repairs, and improvements to make before it goes up. Might be a couple weeks before I actually have it together.

Yeah, I really want to put it up now, but decided there are too many flaws in the stand to stain it, so going to paint it black instead to hide as much as I can.

Should have the stand done by the weekend, then if I can find some help I can get the tank in the house and on it, after that I can take my time cleaning the rest, and fixing the plumbing, and figuring out the electrical and such.

I'm working till 6 on sat, then off for the Super Bowl on sun. If you want to get it in early sun,or sat evening, I'll help

Thanks for the offer! Right now I am done with the outside of the stand, and got pushed aside so I could move all the furniture out of the living room Thursday night, got the carpet in today, then had to put the furniture back...

Anyways, need to go find something to cover the inside of the stand to prevent further damage from the salt creep and evaporation.
Considering using that spray on stuff that is like a spray on rubber coating? They use it for fixing the inside of your gutters and stuff?
I don't know yet, need to go to Lowes tomorrow and poke around see what looks like it will work.

Then while whatever I do is drying I can clean the refugium, and maybe the tank. So most likely going to be Sunday before I can move it all. Mike said he might be available Sunday.

If I can get the stand, refugium and tank in by Sunday night I will be stoked, that is the heavy stuff and the pain in the butt. The rest I can do a little here and a little there as I have time.
But need to get the stuff out of the backyard ASAP. The kids couldn't go out side to play this week even though the weather has been pretty nice because I have crap all over.

Anyways, I will probably talk to you tomorrow night at the club meeting.

Ok, The Aquarium, stand, and canopy are all in the house put together and looking as good as they are going to get I think.

Have the refugium under it, and the overflow lines are in. Waiting for the glue on one piece of PVC to dry before I can put the hoses on the return lines.

Matt brought me his good ballast for the halides he said I could use until I get my LED's this summer. Which is awesome because the ballast he gave me with the tank are those monster sized industrial ballast, they work, but they are heavy, bulky, and get hot.

This weekend I hope to have the sand, rock and water in it. Then I have to wait for the cycle since the rock and sand ended up sitting stagnant a lot longer than I had intended it to.

Really getting excited, and really looking forward to getting everything running and cycled.

It's going fairly well so far. I guess we will see how smooth it all went when I put water in it. If it all stays in the system...then I say smooth!

Got the plumbing finished and put some rock, sand, and water in today. So the tank is actually up and running.

It's a little noisier than I had hoped, but that might just be a matter of some fine tuning. Most of the noise seems to be at the sump from the overflow lines. Something I will have to look at some more.

Tomorrow I will be wiring up the halides and mounting those ballast. With how long the rock and sand sat outside in the cold and stagnant water I am sure I will have to wait for a full cycle on this tank. So hopefully in about a month or two I will be set to add some stock.

Cool, hopefully you get it all figured out. Can't wait to see it. Love seeing tanks as they progress.

And you guys are more than welcome to come by and check it out, I would like advice, and opinions before I get to a point I can not make changes.

Mostly set up now. I'm sure I will have some kinks to iron out along the way, like flow and maybe some more rock, and sand.

But at least it is running and lit, few weeks to hit the cycle if I don't add to it.

Attachments

• Reeftank.jpg
    Reeftank.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 4
Back