Macon's 90g Rimless

You can link the lights and pumps pretty nice feature. I have had my radion for about a month and I couldnt be happier. I only suggested radions in the first place because I didnt know u already had your lights purchased. The AIs are nice as well!

No worries. Everything is purchased already just waiting for the tank to be built and shipped to me. I should have it the 3rd week of June.

Yes you can link them. You can program your pumps to slow down when the lights go to night mode.

I got the Neptune WXM module for full control of the vortechs. This allows me to cycle through all the different modes throughout the day and I should be able to turn them down at a certain time as well. Not sure though. Maybe someone can chime in on this. I ordered my controller but it won't be her until the end of June.

Yes you can program it. I have the Neptune apex with all modules and you can do it. It's just an option for those who don't have a Neptune. Apparently ecotech is coming out with a reef link controller type in the near future.

DIY Refugium LEDs

DIY Refugium LEDs

I was having trouble finding a light for my refugium because of the odd shape I made it to fit in the usable area I have in my stand. After months of going back and forth I finally settled on a DIY LED fixture. I was hesitant at first because I didn't want to spend the money on something I didn't fully understand but after I started putting it all together it was a lot easier than I made myself belive it was going to be. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. The light consists of (4) deep red and (4) royal blue LEDs, 40w driver and a potentiometer. Here are a few pics.

My next project

My next project

I got this stuff in the mail today. It's going to be difficult to mount all this stuff an make it look nice. I probably wont jump into this until after I get back from vacation.

looking great so far! my apex should be here tomorrow so ill more than likely just wait until the weekend to jump into that

Very nice set-up. Clean and precise.

A few suggestions based on my same experience - it looks like your going for a beananimal overflow. You really dont want to tie all three pipes together at the bottom - what will happen is your open channel emergency will suck air causing the full siphon to never work and generating alot of noise (sounds like a toilet flushing 24x7). I have to re-do mine because of the same problem.

I would also take the returns up and over the back of the tank and plug the bulkheads. Even with anti-siphon holes drilled on the tank side of my returns - sometimes they clog and I start pulling a siphon from the display into the sump causing the sump to come dangerously close to overflow. Not a big deal in yours though because it looks like the height of the overflow will be about the same height as the returns - so the siphon should break fairly quickly.

Very nice set-up. Clean and precise.

A few suggestions based on my same experience - it looks like your going for a beananimal overflow. You really dont want to tie all three pipes together at the bottom - what will happen is your open channel emergency will suck air causing the full siphon to never work and generating alot of noise (sounds like a toilet flushing 24x7). I have to re-do mine because of the same problem.

I would also take the returns up and over the back of the tank and plug the bulkheads. Even with anti-siphon holes drilled on the tank side of my returns - sometimes they clog and I start pulling a siphon from the display into the sump causing the sump to come dangerously close to overflow. Not a big deal in yours though because it looks like the height of the overflow will be about the same height as the returns - so the siphon should break fairly quickly.

I'm glad I posted before I started filling the tank with water. I believe you are correct about the drain lines. With them all being connected the emergency line will serve as an air intake for what's supposed to be a full siphon. Thanks for that. I'll have to redo the bottom section of my drains. As far as the returns being drilled, I'm not a big fan of HOB returns. I think it would take away from the look of a rimless tank. With that in mind I made my sump plenty tall enough to accommodate the extra 4 gallons from the return siphon.

Looks awesome, very clean installation.
For the main siphon pipe you are using 2 elbows or T with threaded cap?

Finally got it filled with water. Here are some photos. The water column is still a little cloudy. Total amp consumption is 6.4 with everything running except the solenoid for the CA reactor. Now comes the hard part, waiting.

I used a T with a threaded cap on top and a elbow on the side pointing down.

This makes me question what my set-up is :) Is this up top in the overflow or down in the sump?

I keep reading how people are fiddling with the sump inlets to establish the full siphon.

This is a dream setup ! I really love the rimless tanks and this one is awesome man!

Thank you. Believe me it is a dream come true for me.

This makes me question what my set-up is :) Is this up top in the overflow or down in the sump?

I keep reading how people are fiddling with the sump inlets to establish the full siphon.

The T is in the overflow. I believe when you hear of people fiddling with their sump inlets to achieve a full siphon they are tuning the drains with valves. Getting a full siphon is automatic. Tuning comes into to play in order to keep the siphon constant. IMO the bean animal design is the only way to go. My overflow and drains are dead silent. The loudest part of my tank are the PC cooling fans.

Finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice! Looking forward to the progress pics!

Very well done, congrats

Back