Magnetic algae clip??

DgenR8

I'm an American, and I remember
Staff member
RC Mod
I've seen them online, but I'd like to avoid shipping and pick up a couple of them locally. Has anyone seen them in a LFS nearby?

Larry, are these strong enough for a large or even medium size Tang? Or will they pull them off the glass. If they are strong enough I may be Interested in a few too.
Bill

Bill has a point, my Naso can rip dry nori as soon as I drop it into the tank. I use a Magfloat glass cleaner with a rubberband tightly holding down Nori for the fish.
Mag-Float-125-Magnet-Cleaner-(Glass)-Medium-(up-to-125gal)-1.jpg

i had the same one and not happy, first the fish rip right off and magnet always falls, maybe my fish are going to gym, 2nd is it rust after 2 months so i threw in the garbage before it did damage

Too Simple

Too Simple

i dont get it you mean you guys use a seperate clip? why not just use your cleaning magnets?

LOL, That would make too much sense, After all the years I have had tanks i never thought of doing that. Hmmm is it me or what?:idea:
Thanks for the Simple Idea:hammer:
Bill;)

Somewhere here on RC there's a picture of a Yellow Tang with a broken rubber band hanging out of it's rectum. Remember that rubber bands degrade aver time (fairly short amount of time) and will break. If the broken band is ingested by a fish that thinks he's eating a tasty treat, the outcome could be pretty bad.
I don't remember if the Tang in question passed the rubber band safely or not, but for that reason, I like to keep them out of my tank.

For the time being, I removed the suction cup from a plastic seaweed clip and epoxied it to my algae magnet. Seems to be working just fine.

i feed them with this; see pic below. This helps because they cant pull off peices bigger then the can chew so no nori is wasted.

fish_083.jpg

Back