Mark's 180 Starfire upgrade

Sorry Mark, I know you've covered this topic but just what lighting are you using currently? I know you're using 250's but what ballast and supplemental lighting are you using?

Additionally, if you don't mind, what's your light schedule like?

Thanks again

My lighting is 4x2 50 watt 20k radiums ran by 2x SLS blue wave IIV's house in 4x LAmini's. The supplemental lighting is 2x 160watt Super actinic VHO's powered by a icecap 660 ballast.

I run my VHO's for 10 hours and my halides vary from 5-6 hours.

Thanks

:)

:)

Nothing like Italian Roast and PPT :p

Dan, I try to just use IC get and get them into place. If I need to move it later, I will worry about that then. After I get everything looking nice, I plan on chaning some corals around an a month or so to get better lighting :twitch:

I have lots of room down here if you need to move some of your corals:bounce3:

Bryan

sherbert2.jpg

I still have the one I got from AS from a few years ago. It has a cracked side though so I can only place it about an inch in the water; thats why I was going to get a new one. I also have to remove the front VHO to be able to shoot the tank. So far, The exposure has been really off. I am still learning, but I told myself that I would give it a try at least once a month until I can start pieceing things together what works and what doesn't.

Lot's going on here since my last visit, Mark. Those are some absolutely gorgeous corals, over the previous couple of pages! The colors are outstanding, as always. :)

BTW - your photographic expertise is increasing by leaps and bounds. You've been posting some really beautiful captures.

Man, your collection is ridiculous Mark! Its been so long since I have seen it in person, but my hat is off to you my friend :D

Happy Holidays/New Year bud!

Lot's going on here since my last visit, Mark. Those are some absolutely gorgeous corals, over the previous couple of pages! The colors are outstanding, as always. :)

BTW - your photographic expertise is increasing by leaps and bounds. You've been posting some really beautiful captures.

Thank You Tom. Now if I could only learn how to make awesome cabinetry like you do, and to have fish room that is even nicer :p

Man, your collection is ridiculous Mark! Its been so long since I have seen it in person, but my hat is off to you my friend :D

Happy Holidays/New Year bud!

Thanks bro. I was just talking to Amanda yesterday that I needed to get together with you for a trip to mikuni :D

Hey Mark - What do you have in place in your system to take place in case of a power outage? I really have nothing in place and given what happened to someone recently, I really need to do somehting. Im just trying to figure out what is the best route...

Hey Mark - What do you have in place in your system to take place in case of a power outage? I really have nothing in place and given what happened to someone recently, I really need to do somehting. Im just trying to figure out what is the best route...

That was a shame what happened to him :( I have a vortech on battery backup on my display tank and a UPC on my shallow tank. I also have a honda generator that is filled to the top and gets fired up every 1-2 months just to make sure. I also make sure the battery back up is working when I turn off the power to do water changes.

Thanks Mark.

Im still in shock over what happened and what he lost. I feel sooo bad. Im just trying to take the best of it and try to prevent it for me if that happens.

I was going to get a generator, but im not home everynight because of my job. So my wife has to be given a class on what to do if im gone.

I also wanted somthing to immediatly transer power yet somthing still affordable. I am thinking of getting a pair of mp40's w/ the battery backup but apperently they dont always work like intended.....

Thanks Mark.

Im still in shock over what happened and what he lost. I feel sooo bad. Im just trying to take the best of it and try to prevent it for me if that happens.

I was going to get a generator, but im not home everynight because of my job. So my wife has to be given a class on what to do if im gone.

I also wanted somthing to immediatly transer power yet somthing still affordable. I am thinking of getting a pair of mp40's w/ the battery backup but apperently they dont always work like intended.....

So true...I only run one of my vt's off the battery backup. It has come in handy a couple of times. The key is not only to have the right equipment, but to test it and make sure it works. I know that I have turned off power for 4 hours and the pump held strong. Anything longer than that, I have not been brave enough to test.

Back