Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

Why cover them with black tape when you could simply swap them out and make use of the light???

I've got 3 basic boxes that I pulled all the reds and greens out of for neutral whites and would never go back...

379fce92dbb58e5af3e11fd56514d10b.jpg

im in the same boat as you ...i have the 300 watt fixture too and thinking of swapping out the reds as well...but i will do all 4 with the uv.... i think uv will give more pop the the stupid reds...lol...and maybe less algae..please post how you think it looks when your done ...
I almost pulled the trigger on some UV LEDs too. 395nm. I've already got the violet 420nm on the way. Figured maybe I'd do a couple of each. But I backed out at the last second. Just gonna do the 420's first. We'll see how the corals like it. I'm betting it'll be fine. I'll post up.

Why cover them with black tape when you could simply swap them out and make use of the light???

I've got 3 basic boxes that I pulled all the reds and greens out of for neutral whites and would never go back...

379fce92dbb58e5af3e11fd56514d10b.jpg

thats what i thought to why cover em up..lol... what neutral lights did you go with.??(leds) and why not the uv.s....

I bought off eBay from China.

It might have been this seller: http://m.ebay.com/itm/321850386128?_mwBanner=1

They were 4000-4500k neutral whites and work great.

Notice I run a hybrid led +T5's so I didn't opt for uv as that's covered in the t5 bulbs already.

ooo ok thats cool...i dont have that so thats why i thought id go with taking out the reds and greens and put in purple uv in its place..thinking i would get the same results....thanks for the info....

ooo ok thats cool...i dont have that so thats why i thought id go with taking out the reds and greens and put in purple uv in its place..thinking i would get the same results....thanks for the info....
Ya that would still be much better than the reds and greens imo

im thinking of adding some led lightning to my tank, i keep 2 t5 bulbs and want to add 1 or 2 of those mars aqua LEDS.
got a few questions maybe one of you can answer me i will read the thread now and mabye i get the answers myself.

Can i programm like Sunset,Sunrise and are there different programmable settings like 40% output in the morning and 100% midday and 60 in the evening with more blue light.

How high is the Energy Consumption, if i dim the lamp to lets say 60%, is it still 165Watt or lower like 100Watt? is there maybe a list of power usage?

Is there a Mount included to fix it on the tank or on the ceiling?

as info my tank is 100 cm length x 70 width and 50 x height.
which model would you recommend this 165W ones http://www.ebay.com/itm/165w-MarsAq...ull-Spectrum-LPS-SPS-Coral-Reef-/370857093101 , is that the newest model?

most of the ebay fixtures are manual controlled i think,,,

sorry i meant something else but i already got the answer.

my important question if i dim the lamp to lets say 60%, is it still 165Watt, i read that its only about 120Watt anyway or will it get lower like 80Watt?

sorry i meant something else but i already got the answer.

my important question if i dim the lamp to lets say 60%, is it still 165Watt, i read that its only about 120Watt anyway or will it get lower like 80Watt?
Wattage is a unit of power. If you dim the panel, you're reducing power. You can reduce it all the way down to 1 watt if you want.

Wattage is a unit of power. If you dim the panel, you're reducing power. You can reduce it all the way down to 1 watt if you want.

+1 on this....turning down the lights is turning down the power so less consumption.........i dont think nobody uses full power anyways..lol...

Damn! 43" ain't no joke. That's for sure. Keep the optics on for sure. I'd like to see some PAR numbers down that low if you have a meter.

My tank is 32" wide. As far as par, meh, doesn't mean much in terms of leds. But yes, low light corals for sure will go on the bottom.

Back