Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

Yeah those lights will be more than enough, throw your mh and t5 on the for sale threads haha

Got my lights but I tried them and i like my mh with 20k bulbs little better, going to try my Led's for few months and then my mh and i will keep the best (to my eyes) lights :lolspin:

Tank is a 72"L x 24"H x 24"W

What sort of mods? Is there a thread you can point me to?

What happens if you try to do it without mods?

In order to dim from a controller you have to make the LED visible to it. Follow the link on post 230 of this thread. There is my experience with modifying a Chinese black box led to run on my APEX. I am not certain, but I believe the reef keeper operates with a 0-10v similar to APEX.

Without the modification you just get on and off capabilities like a regular timer.

In order to dim from a controller you have to make the LED visible to it. Follow the link on post 230 of this thread. There is my experience with modifying a Chinese black box led to run on my APEX. I am not certain, but I believe the reef keeper operates with a 0-10v similar to APEX.

Thanks, I will check it out, might have to wait on doing any mods till after the warranty!

I find the fans to be quite loud.

I am looking for the quietest 80mm replacements I can find. What connector do these have? 3 pin? 4 pin?

my fans arnt loud at all. I have a lot of sps and so forth and only have the blues at maybe 40% and whites around 20%

If you acquire the correct connectors you can just attach directly to the existing wires. Warranty in tact.

Looks like I need to do me some home work cause I really would like control my lights from the reef keeper, this way I Could ramp them up slow and what not. Just never really messed with LEDS.

Looks like I need to do me some home work cause I really would like control my lights from the reef keeper, this way I Could ramp them up slow and what not. Just never really messed with LEDS.
I would love to do that but I couldn't find the detailed instructions with pin making and all... If you can find them please send me the link...

Got all my LEDs and my fans. Got violets, cyans, blues and royal blues. I got the B and RB because I can't tell a difference in what came with my fixture and I suspect they're all one color. So I'll slap a couple of each of what I bought in there and see what I see.

I'll be doing all the work this Tuesday.

Back