Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

So I got my light and it seems pretty good so far but I'm curious, a lot of people like taking the lenses off for better blending of the LED's but my light has cutouts for each led on a metal bottom instead of a full sheet of acrylic. Will they even blend with that?

IMG_20170523_221226_zpscxhlvevw.jpg
I would think not. Unless they are like 60 degree lenses. Otherwise the best you may get out of them is 90 degrees and a bunch of light left up in the fixture

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Anemone

Anemone

My Frag tank needed a upgrade for lights and I decided to give the Chinese Led lights on Ebay a shot. Im very impressed right now with them and for the money i don't think they can be beat. (I have no affiliation with these lights, im a hobbiest like everyone else.)

Link to the Ebay Site.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-Dimmab...8771177?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item5658e7c2e9

Description :
Dimmable 165W LED Aquarium Light with Lens for each led.
Dimmer One(28 LEDs): 8 x Cool White 12,000k, 6 x Neutral White 7500k, 6 x Warm White 3500k, 2 x Red 660nm, 2 x Green 520nm, 4 x Blue 460nm
Dimmer Two(27 LEDs): 7 x Royal Blue 450nm, 20 x Blue 460nm
Two Dimmers, two power cords and two on/off switches to control blue &white separately
Output Optimized for PAR, Sufficient Lights Spectrum, Super Light Penetration
PAR of the light is: 28PAR for Lens can output more PAR
3 Watt Epistar LED
LED Output Power: 55pcs*3watt
Dimension: 400mm*212mm*60mm
Working temperature: -20 to 40 Degree Celsius
Input voltage: AC85V-265V
Lifespan: 50000-100000hours
The range of power consumption under 110V: 123W-130W; 220V: 120W-126W
Black painted casing.
The LED Spectrum ratio can be changed for big order (more than 2pcs).

Ordered on Monday evening. Arrived Friday afternoon.

Packing was very good

Out of the box

Mounted on my Frag tank. They did not give off a huge area of light, the frag tank is only 12" tall so i mounted them where they can hit everything in the tank. They are still a little high, Ill lower them later to let corals adjust.

All blue, and all White so you can see them side by side.

Randoms of the frag tank. These colors are VERY true to the real life colors. Im very happy with that.

Overall im happy with these lights and would recommend them for a cheap alternative. I dont think they can be connected to any controller, so they are just a basic on and off with a dimmer.

Hi WILL THIS LIGHT BE OK FOR MY SEA ANEMONE AND WHAT LIGHTS SETTINGS WOULD YOU RECOMMEND TO USE THIS WITH LIGHT??
THANK YOU
LINDSAY

Great thread tons of great advice. Ordered 2 165s for the 75 in setting up. Less than $170 can't beat it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XS3YMSJ?psc=1

any better/worse/different than the models previously discussed?

I have that fixture, the non timer version of the fixture and a mars fixture I plan on testing with a par meter this weekend and see what the differences are. I can tell you from a viewing standpoint the fixture you linked to is much better of a color vs mars. The mars fixture gets thrown off with the 3500k led's, so you have to keep the white dimmed quite a bit. The wellpar or wellpar timer version you linked leaves off the 3500k and added some violet and UV which imo is a smart thing to do.

That being said they can all grow sps just fine.

I have that fixture, the non timer version of the fixture and a mars fixture I plan on testing with a par meter this weekend and see what the differences are. I can tell you from a viewing standpoint the fixture you linked to is much better of a color vs mars. The mars fixture gets thrown off with the 3500k led's, so you have to keep the white dimmed quite a bit. The wellpar or wellpar timer version you linked leaves off the 3500k and added some violet and UV which imo is a smart thing to do.

That being said they can all grow sps just fine.

I ordered the Marsaqua, also grabbed a few white and 420 diodes that I can change if I want a different color, the 3500Ks do make me nervous.

I ordered the Marsaqua, also grabbed a few white and 420 diodes that I can change if I want a different color, the 3500Ks do make me nervous.

If you change out those 3500k led's and add in 12-20k's and then change out a few blue's and add in those 420's you'll be good to go.

Ofcourse you could have just bought the wellpar or varsp and not had to do anything :beer:

But its not a bad mod and the fixture works well even if you don't change out anything, just turn down the white's a bit.

What chevegan said!
No more "spotlighting", a good, clean, consistent color, less shadowing. I'm grilling atvthe moment, but let me see if I can upload some acro shots from today in a little while - they pretty much speak for themselves in that regard.
I'm really pleased, and they appear to be as well.
Cheers,
Ray

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

still using this....hows the corals doing

Other than the Apex controller, what other mods have you guys done. Lens?? Add more LEDs? There is waaaay too much to read on this thread.

@garygonzales - I'm still using diffusers in all of my fixtures and the coral appears to like this approach as well. A worthwhile mod to really blend the LED colors.

Cheers,
Ray

@garygonzales - I'm still using diffusers in all of my fixtures and the coral appears to like this approach as well. A worthwhile mod to really blend the LED colors.

Cheers,
Ray

Hi Ray,

I noticed in your build you used 410nm and 425nm. Where did you purchase these from? Do you have a link? I can't find those particular LED's.

Cheers!

Back