Math Geeks only!!

psuedopimp

okay so i was working on some numbers at work and for some reason i thought i would look at the differences between the NM clubs.

_______________ELMAR______NMOK______STARS
Threads__________949________550________115

Posts___________14967_______3788________2342

Days____________1632________1490_______183

post/thread______15.8__________6.9________20.4

Threads/Day_____0.58__________0.37_______0.63

Posts/Day_______9.17__________2.54_______12.80

i thought it was interesting that we didn't really have that many more topics per day than ELMAR, but we tend to talk about it more.

anyway this is want happens when geeks get bored.

Last edited:
Ha you must have been bored and we are yakers!! :) But probably need to factor in time. Is this one year stats or just totals?

Jay

this is from the beginning of each forum. it would've wasted too much time to average them by year to see which year was more productive. well at least on the first two. STARS would be easy.

i was thinking it was your build thread that made us look so talkative.

Ok, logged in and saw this and yes, I am a geek. A cool geek though. Nonetheless, a geek.

So in the statistical data that was presented, did you count for the variables of the "one word" post, days of no "action", emitcon posts. etc? Datum shows that per day, STARS post about 12.8post/day. While ELMAR, and taking the variable that A. has been around a lot longer then STARS B. Has had no "action" since its demise. I got from my deduction of subtraction 340-365 days due to no "action" I came up with 12.0 post/day. At least, this is my assessment.

In conclusion, this rather new reef club rocks :thumbsup: while the "other" is cr@pped out! :thumbdown Can you tell, I am bored too. I was able to catch up on homework and sneaked in some RC-STARS time. Ha!

this is from the beginning of each forum. it would've wasted too much time to average them by year to see which year was more productive. well at least on the first two. STARS would be easy.

i was thinking it was your build thread that made us look so talkative.
:lol: :) :lol: True!!

OK here is what I think the averages would look like:

ELMAR 949 ÷ 4 years = 237 per year
NMOK 550 ÷ 3 years = 183 per year
STARS 6 months (May thru Oct) and 115 so far

I think that is pretty good!

Jay

I wish NMOK got 2.54 posts per day :p I think it is more like 0.254 posts per day these past months.

Back