Missing fish

Capcept

so i cant seem to find my mandarin, totally bummed! was looking good two days ago and now pooof shes gone, not a trace. how is this possible, is there something in my tank that can devour an entire fish? could something attacked her when she was asleep? ive check the floor, the sump, and about to move some rocks! i know i have a bunch of brissel worms, and have seen one or two medium sized ones. not sure if they can do this?

found him! dead on the floor behind the tank FML making a LID ASAP didn't know they where jumpers... :(

Same thing happened to mine a few months back. I had it for two years. :-(. It even ate brine shrimp..

And they like overflows too. I thought I lost my two clowns five months ago, last week downsized from 150 to 75, they were each happily living in the overflows!

Sorry it died, but at least you know what happened. I hate when a fish goes missing and you never even find the body. My diamond back goby disappeared the day after I put it in my tank, and I still have not seen a trace of its remains. It's been a month now so I just do a lot of water changes in case it's under a rock fouling up my water. For all I know, the dog ate it.

We couldn't find my Starry Blenny. Searched everywhere including the overflow. I finally decided he had died and the CUC did their job. A couple of days later I pulled the filter sock out to wash it and found Mr. Blenny, doing fine. I don't know how he survived the powerful flow in that sock, but he did and I still have him, four or five years later. That's him in my avatar.

Someone (i believe on a different forum) told me their eel went missing and THREE YEARS later found him happily living in the overflow. It's funny how you try so hard to keep your livestock alive and happy but then you here stories like this.....lol

Someone (i believe on a different forum) told me their eel went missing and THREE YEARS later found him happily living in the overflow. It's funny how you try so hard to keep your livestock alive and happy but then you here stories like this.....lol

and who said a tank is too small!!!! :lolspin:

Back