Montipora digitata not opening

Alex114

So I got this bubblegum digitata frag about two months ago. The very first night the polyps came out great. Since then they have barely come out as you can see in the picture. Very rarely I see them open to about half way but within an hour they are back to just barely open. But I have seen growth on the coral. There is no visible parasite, STN/RTN, and I have never seen any fish nip/touch it. I measure parameters pretty consistently and have not seen any kind of swing. The other sps, green slimmer acropora and green pocillopora both have great color and polyp extension.

The tank is a 29 gallon tank with a 75 gallon HOB filter. Lights are an AI prime and Kessil A80 (quickly realized a long time ago that one kessil was not enough and added the AI Prime). Flow is an MP10 at 100% on reef crest mode. The montipora is almost right in the middle of the tank in terms of height and length. The tank is mostly soft corals and just a few lps. Everything else looks fine.

Parameters:
Alk 9.5
Calcium 425
Mag 1250
Nitrate 10 ppm
Salinity 1.025

So any suggestions as to why the polyps refuse to come out? Anything is appreciated, I will slowly make changes and see if anything helps

image.jpg

I also had one and it turned like that because it wasn't properly acclimated with the light I had so I placed it in the sand bed and opened up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also had one and it turned like that because it wasn't properly acclimated with the light I had so I placed it in the sand bed and opened up

How long was it on the bottom before opening up? I placed it on the bottom yesterday and I think there's a little improvement but I don't expect much after one day lol

I left it there for 3 days and then moved it to the middle of the rock not the top the middle.the other person had T5s and I have LED so the led was more intense for the coral from one day to another

Back