more practicing. aka lots o pics

Blownsvt

still just playing with settings. Shot at various shutter speed and apertures. ISO set at 1600. All pumps on and i didn't clean the glass. All shot witht the 55-200 mm lens.

013-7.jpg

014-5.jpg

015-4.jpg

016-6.jpg

017-4.jpg

018-3.jpg

019-4.jpg

020-1.jpg

021-2.jpg

022-1.jpg

Not that you have to do this by any means, but when I post pics, I usually pick my favorite 4-6 from the set and post those. Rather than putting up 35+ pics, it gives people something to focus on for feedback.

As for actual feedback, what program are you using for post processing? Most programs have a simple spot removal tool. Using spot removal to get rid of some of the "dust" will go a long way. It can be tedious at times, but really can take an image from looking like just a "snapshot" vs. actually telling a story. Also, some of your pics have the subject dead center. Remember, you can crop your images to follow the rule of thirds. Also, I believe it was Recty who told me to keep the eye of the fish in focus - that really helps the image pop. Overall, it's a nice set - shooting moving fish is never easy, and you captured them well. Keep shooting, and keep posting!

Back