Moving back to my Home Town...

bjonesjr1

Premium Member
Well I currently live in florida right not, but will be relocating to the federal way area, in november... I wanted to know of any good LFS in the area that would be worth checking out... I just broke down my tank & sold everything in it except my equiptment... But I will be setting back up as soon as I get to WA, and I'm all settled in my new home.

Anyone with any good places to visit and worth awhile to check out, please let me know...

Bobby

Hi there, we have a very active club in the Seattle area. We have a number of local sponsors as well as a lot of trading/selling amongst members. Hope to see you at one of our meetings; we generally meet every third Saturday.

Colleen
PSAS President

I'm glad that their is an active club in this area... Believe me, me and the wife can't wait to get back to WA... I also can't wait to get my tank set back up... It killed me to have to break everything down & sell all the livestock. But glad to know that their is people in WA with tanks. :D :D :D

Well definatly keep in touch with you and others that are in the area, only 67 days tell we are their.

You should get involved in the reef club where (I plan too soon!). The stores close to the seattle area are a bit lacking in the way of reef stuff to be honest. Blue sierra, saltwater city and a couple in the Poulsbo area carry LPS though. I hear the Poulsbo stores are better, but they are a bit of a drive from federal way. Just be prepared to drive.

I do plan on getting involved with a club, is this the only club in the area or is their others on this site ??? :D :D I just hope if I do have to drive far to the LFS that it would be worth it...

Question, do you guys have to use your heaters more often in WA... Here in florida I barly have to turn the heater on ever, so I'm thinking of buying a new heater that will run better at longer periods of time, my current heater just does the job for here in florida.

Well, it depends on how much light you throw over the tank and how warm you plan to keep your house in the winter.

On my 125g, the heaters NEVER run in the summer and don't even run all that often (only at night really) in the winter because the heat isn't kept on full blast through the night and the lights aren't on.

It is likely your heater will run more often here, what are you currently using? Is it a bit under powered?

the heater I'm not sure which one it is, a friends gave it to me in an emergency a few months ago, and then turns out that he let me have it cause he got a new one. But I'm not too sure of the brand, But I'm sure it is underpowered... I checked out some of the LFS and only found two of them with sites.. But I guess it will take a drive to them to see what they really have...

Nah. ya know.. I would just get the tank set up (with your normal lighting regiment) and see how often the heater runs. As the winter months approach just watch it. If it is having to run all the time, then ya, new one should be purchased.

Thanks for all of your help, I'm sure I'll have a weather shock from moving from florida to their... :D :D :D Hopefully I'll see snow for christmas, But I can't wait to get back up their, Me & my wife are still decided on exactly where we want to get a place at but were sure its somewhere out of seattle area, (kent, federal way, or maybe ever bremerton).

But talk to you later will keep in touch.

Thats it... .Im opening a shop here... live rock and corals and few fish We need a good supply of reef stuff in this area with decent prices.....

Now that I think about it, it would be nice to open a cool store in the federal way area... I'm sure it wouldn be worth a shot... :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8111701#post8111701 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by servicky
Thats it... .Im opening a shop here... live rock and corals and few fish We need a good supply of reef stuff in this area with decent prices.....

Decent prices being the key words here. Imagine my sticker shock when I moved here from SF Bay Area a month ago.

D.

Is it that expensive if the area ??? I just may have to open my own shop up... With low, low prices...

Nice picture D. Wonder when my 8 month old daughter will be doing things like that. :D :D

red hat - $20
cruise to Mexico - $750
finding out that your son is a natural born gold miner - priceless

:lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8111701#post8111701 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by servicky

OMG PLEASE DO!!!

well im up in marysville area...
I am thinking very seriously about it right now i do sevral one off builds but i might do your el natural warehouse type livstock style shop. wholsale and retail rubbermaid tubs nothign to fancy cuz I wont be buying corals to keep in my shop i want them sold sold sold... :) I have a few importers i deal with so its very possible.. Or a partner to fancy it up a bit.????? im up for anything i have seen whats around and IT needs soem help around here. I seen about 4 diff acros in one shop and brown ones i dont buy.......

Marysville would be a bit of a drive for me BUT if you have good livestock selection and at decent prices, I would be willing to make the trek. I'm betting others would to.

D.

We were looking for a home near marysville, but have headed towards federal way, We've heard that the driving on I-5 is worse going north than it is coming south from Seattle, where my wife will be working.

Any truth to this guys & gals?

Also anyone have any opinions on the federal way area... greatly appreciated :D :D :D

Back