MTC MiniCal dual chamber calcium Reactor w/ Aluminum Co2 tank, regulator & controller

slief

RC Sponsor
Premium Member
MTC MiniCal dual chamber calcium Reactor w/ Aluminum Co2 tank, regulator & controller

Up for sale is a used MTC Pro Cal MiniCal dual chamber Calcium reactor. It includes an Eheim 1250 re-circulation pump, Co2 regulator with solenoid, 5lb Aluminum Co2 tank and Milwaukee MC122 pH controller with probe and power connection. The probe has been stored with a cap on it and pH solution to keep it wet. It will need to be re-calibrated.

Asking $290 for the complete setup. PM me if you are interested.

Specs on the Pro Cal Mini:
17" high, base footprint 10 x 10"
1/4" cell cast acrylic tube
1/2" acrylic base and lids
CO2 bubble counter and check valve
EHEIM-1250 circulation pump
High quality needle valve for precise output control
Water input strainer
Adjustable input / output tubing bracket
Handles up to 200 gal aquariums
Swivel & slide water input tube for easy maintenance
Simple, no plumbing installation
User serviceable parts

Specs on the Milwaukee MC122:
The Milwaukee MC122 is a professional ORP controller, designed for use with aquariums to monitor and control pH levels in water.
The Milwaukee Instruments MC controllers have a user selectable set point and a visual "Power Activated" LED notification light. Power to the controller box is turned on when the reading is Above or Below the selected set point. These MC Controllers are ideal for CO2 or ozone dosing. This could be controlled by a solenoid valve (MA955).
With each Milwaukee Smart controller, your aquarium will have the individual attention that it needs.

Includes:
pH controller using a double junction gel filled electrode (with BNC connector)
User selectable hi/low set point
Visual LED alarm
Supplied with 12 VDC adapter
1 power plug for O3 dosing

FA6A8046-3CF8-46F9-B1E9-984C3037F951_zpsitpkev7s.jpeg

81E2135D-8455-4CDD-A30D-17E25710326A_zpsrsifcypa.jpeg

F2F195EE-4270-496E-81EC-7658A1FC49F7_zpsr1rsvy5i.jpeg

pH porbe, AC Adapter and AC Solenoid power outlet included but not shown in this picture.
5565508D-0F27-4D53-9232-132840D80B1B_zpsngm4tndb.jpeg

Last edited:
How accurate is the CO2 adjustment valve? This is a great price! Had the pro-cal for years loved it.

It’s pretty accurate. You turn the screw in the center of the regulator to adjust the low pressure side to the reactor. You can actually turn it my hand without a screw driver. I normally aim for about 3 psi to the reactor which is easy enough to dial in on this regulator. It’s obviously not a high end regulator but it works just fine for this use.

Scott, just curious what’s your go to for C02 regulators these days ? It seems like ol Milwaukee style are not as good as the used to. Tried out an aquamax on that doesn’t have the bar regulator and it’s killing me.
Bump

Scott, just curious what’s your go to for C02 regulators these days ? It seems like ol Milwaukee style are not as good as the used to. Tried out an aquamax on that doesn’t have the bar regulator and it’s killing me.
Bump

I’m using a Carbon Doser on my main system which I really love. Between that and my Masterflex feed pump, my Calcium reactor is in cruise control and always consistent. It’s so consistent and easy to fine tune for my system that my Apex never needs to intervene with the Co2 solenoid. Much of that can be attributed to the consistent flow from the Masterflex though. On the other hand, the Carbon Dosers solenoid based flow control makes fine tuning the Co2 rate as simple as it can get.

It’s pretty accurate. You turn the screw in the center of the regulator to adjust the low pressure side to the reactor. You can actually turn it my hand without a screw driver. I normally aim for about 3 psi to the reactor which is easy enough to dial in on this regulator. It’s obviously not a high end regulator but it works just fine for this use.

Wow! Those masterflexes arn’t cheep!

BTW, Nice price for a turnkey calcium reactor.

Still available! I am willing to come down a little bit on the complete setup.

Bump.. This is still available. Everything needed except the media is included.

Back