Mushrooms Help

zma21

Active member
Tried the mushroom forum, but no help there.

I purchased a single Red Mushroom polyp last sunday. It has been all shriveled up ever since. I have about 1000 gph in my cube, and i have it under a bridge of rock surrounded so it wont be blasted by flow. I've moved it to ten various positions and nothing. I've turned off two of my four t-5 bulbs-nothing. I've shut off one of my maxijet 1200's-nothing.

I have read that if i take it out and set it in a gladware dish it will recover? I just want to make sure it hasn't died.

My water parameters are perfect by the way. zero am, tri, tra and 8.2 ph. temp is 79.5

Thanks in advance.
 

drummereef

Team RC
It hasn't died, I can assure you of that. It will take some time especially in regards to flow for the shroom to get comfy in the new tank. I would leave it in med/low light and relatively low flow and see what happens. What's your alkalinity?
 

zma21

Active member
No alk test. Can i just try it with the gladware container though? It looked so beautiful open and i won't lose anything..
 

glockcoma

Moved On
I just bought one a few days ago and at the lfs it was beautiful but when I got it home it was shrivled up, and I did research here and other websites and its normal, it should take a couple of days to open up, mines is just starting to open up
 
Top