My 10G nano Project Underay - Lots of Pictures!!!!!!

well if you know anyone in the states then have it shipped to thier house then they can ship it to you maybe?? or even one of our members?

Good idea was thinking of that but i dont know anyone personaly in the US but my girlfriend knows someone who moved to orlando so i will speak to her about it. Thanks Mister Crabs

We are both thinking of moving to Miami in 2-3 years once weve both graduated Scotland is pretty grim.

Ash

If I were you I would put the sponge before water enters the skimmer chamber as well to keep things from collecting at the bottom of the chamber.

I would also drill holes towards the bottom of the baffle between the fuge and the skimmer chamber so you get flow through the refugium (You don't want it to go anaerobic in the refugium).

Your tank is comming along nicely!

Hi there got my glass baffles in place and siliconed just need to fix the acrylic to the glass and figure out some lighting and im nearly ready to add water cant wait heres some photos of putting the glass baffles in place.

First baffle in place
marine_log_29.jpg

Big dollop of silicone along the edge
marine_log_30.jpg

and heres the bubble trap its just under an inch wide
marine_log_31.jpg

and finally all baffles in place
marine_log_32.jpg

Will post some more pics once i get the pumps plumbing sorted out and the false wall siliconed in place. Im still trying to find a icecap 70w MH ballast.

Ash

Hi Thanks guys i have had a look at marine depot but the postage is gonna be bout $45 a bit much half the price of the ballast, i would like to go for a higher wattage but that in turn would give me more heat.

I contacted icecap and they gave me a name of a place in the UK who seel the ballast but it still might be cheaper shipping from america.

Thanks

Ash

Hi got all my plumbing stuff and more managed to get it all done last nite but there wasnt exactly alot to plumb. I used this push fit connections which do not require glue and are really good it simply clicks together and if you dont like it you can change it. At each fitting there is a union so its easy to come apart and clean etc.

Heres the photos and the good thing is all this was free my friend just happens to work in a plumbing merchant very handy indeed.
marine_log_33-.jpg

Heres the removable adapter i made for the pump out of an old garden hose fitting and a some plumbing parts.
marine_log_34-.jpg

The finished product i have two returns for a bit of flow variation, just hope the pump is powerfull enough to circulate the water around the 10G tank. If not im going to get an additional powerhead and plumb it where the fudge is through the false wall
marine_log_35.jpg

A photo showing the baffles and the pump positioning.
marine_log_36.jpg

The lighting now heres my problem i am really stuck at this point i want to go with MH but 70w is not readily available in the UK and will cost me in the excess of $380 due to having to buy bits from the US and bits here in the UK anyway i dont even know all the bits to get for a working halide system has anyone got a list of parts and how to put them together and this would have to be for the UK voltage.

Driving me crazy im thinking of going with some 3 x36w power compacts the easy option and will work out at about $190 but i know if i get these i will want MH after litrally pulling out my hair out thinking about it again if someone could help me out on this matter to save my sanity.

Thanks

Ash

You could go with a 150w halide and put a 20k bulb in it. It would have a lower par more like a 70w 10k. Plus, imo the more blue spectrum of blub looks better.

Timothy i think im gonna come up with a different plan on the plumbing as it has reduced my flow alot on the right side due to it being further away and is quite poor actually. I am going to get another pump and put it in the fudge part and have another return.

Ash
Thanks JimBob i was considering a 150W easy to get hold of them but i was concerned about heat issues and more evaporation but may go with this option if all else fails.

Why dont you do a search for a voltage converter? Its been awhile since I was into that kind of stuff but I am almost positive you can find a site that lists the parts needed and you can build it yourself. All you would need tool wise would be a soldering gun. I dont know about the uk but those parts would be readily available at a store called radioshack, you might even be able to order the stuff online from them. That way you can go with the MH and not stress the higher costs.

Your tank is coming along nicely btw. =)

Thanks LBCBJ, well my work underpaid me by 20 hours this week so i will be getting that back this week so i will have a little extra so i think i will just go and blow some of ma wages on MH

just a thought. From your drawings it looked like your skimmer came after your refugium, if you make your fuge your return as well your fish will benefit from any pods growing in the fuge and will get a nice snack. if you skim after the fuge anything beneficial growing in the fuge will be skimmed out before reaching the display. Just somwthing I've heard other ppl say about their larger setups. Looking good though and those renderings are sweet.

Afromange thanks for the idea i was going to put the second pump in the fudge but was going to plumb it through the false wall so it was taking water from the tank and not the fudge but i think i am just going to put it in the fudge and do as you said but was wondering if this will effect the flow to the other return pump.

Ash

Small Update finished the door and canopy lid and painted the inside of the stand and canopy so tank stand and canopy is complete and finished. I just need to figure out this lighting (argggghh) will have a look about it tomorow. I aquired a 20litre container see pic and was thinking of using it as a water resivoir for an ato but how do i go about making one of these pics walkthrough and info would be great, heres the pics of the completed stand and the container what fits nicley under the unit.

marine_log_37.jpg

marine_log_38.jpg

Ash

Back