My 240g FOWLR

Any updates?

Hi Thanks for asking! Here's the current rundown:

Acanthurus leucosternon
Acanthurus fowleri
Labroides dimidiatus
Choerodon fasciatus (Removed... just ugly :))
Halichoeres hortulanus
Chaetodontoplus septentrionalis
Genicanthus lamarck X2, added a tiny female
Pomacanthus navarchus (moved to reef, then sold, as I am breaking down the reef)
Pomacanthus maculosus
Holacanthus tricolor
Centropyge loricula
Chaetodon auriga added, hopefully I don't regret it
Chaetodon burgessi (he is evil... kills too many fish, and won't go into the trap!! )
Chaetodon collare
Chaetodon tinkeri killed by burgessi
Chaetodon ephippium
Chaetodon falcula
Chaetodon fasciatus
Chaetodon mertensii
Chaetodon rainfordi
Chaetodon xanthurus
Microcanthus strigatus X2 added a small second
Chrysiptera hemicyanea
Chrysiptera talboti x 2
Pseudochromis sankeyi

Hi there SDguy, I'm loving your tank. I've always loved angels and butterflies and would love to recreate a smaller version of your tank with butterflies and angels that would be happy in a 110 (primarily dwarfs). What would you say are your biggest success factors?

Also, how many fish do you think I could put in a 110?

Hi there SDguy, I'm loving your tank. I've always loved angels and butterflies and would love to recreate a smaller version of your tank with butterflies and angels that would be happy in a 110 (primarily dwarfs). What would you say are your biggest success factors?

Also, how many fish do you think I could put in a 110?

QT is by far the biggest success factor. After that, plenty of food and plenty of water changes. Whenever work has gotten crazy for me, and those two things slipped, my tank suffered.

Sir, you are the man! I just finished reading this entire thread. Oh my! Throwing conventionality out the door. This is one He!! of a system. It goes to show careful consideration of your aquarium and its inhabitants needs, you can accomplish what many would say impossible. Caution! Kids don't try this at home.

May I ask you a question? Specifically towards your experience with Butterfly Fish and feeding Clams to them.

Hi Thanks for asking! Here's the current rundown:

Acanthurus leucosternon
Acanthurus fowleri
Labroides dimidiatus

Chaetodontoplus septentrionalis
Genicanthus lamarck x2

Holacanthus tricolor

Chaetodon collare

Chaetodon ephippium
Chaetodon falcula
Chaetodon fasciatus
Chaetodon mertensii

Chaetodon xanthurus
Microcanthus strigatus x2

The loss of the rainfordi, after so many years, was that toughest.

Peter,
I had a nice fat rainfordi that would eat anything I threw in the tank. When it died it sucked. There’s nothing like a happy, healthy rainfordi. Sorry my friend.

Peter,
I had a nice fat rainfordi that would eat anything I threw in the tank. When it died it sucked. There’s nothing like a happy, healthy rainfordi. Sorry my friend.

Yeah, thanks, I got a lot of good years out of him! I've been getting a few replacements lately, will post soon, AFTER QT LOL :D

hey Peter
tank looking good as usual. im restocking after a bit of a break. Im looking to add a fowleri tang. Is yours aggressive towards orther tangs? is purple the primary color after they reach adult size?

hey Peter
tank looking good as usual. im restocking after a bit of a break. Im looking to add a fowleri tang. Is yours aggressive towards orther tangs? is purple the primary color after they reach adult size?

Thank you. The fowleri is super mellow... not a single issue with him.... way more issues with everyone else, even butterflies lol.

Purple is not the primary color. Color is hard to describe, but he is gorgeous.

This is with flash on the photo.... he does have more blue/purple....

24869633522_22f7e3a6aa_b.jpg

Ah the good old days. Seems no one posts about their Fowler’s anymore. Or when they do, the thread disappears a day later.

Hope you are doing well Peter. I’m getting ready to set my 240 back up, maybe I’ll post when I do.

Mac

Mac

I was never a big fan of the Maculosis but if I ever have a tank big enough ... he will be in the tank!! Beautiful tank overall. Any new pics vids of the mac or fowleri?

Back