My 36 Gallon Bowfront Build (Lots of Pics)

I haven't been on here in a while but I was thinking about doing one soon. A lot had changed since my last update so I should definitely get the thread up to speed. I will do one over the next couple of days.

Gracias, senior. There's much more DIY to come with the new update. I completely redid the lighting and skimmer and built/learned how to use a router table. My acrylic skills have taken off. I'm still not perfect, but I'm learning all the time.

Hey CRN005,

I have the exact same tank sitting in my garage. I'm planning on following some of the aspects of this build for my tank. I will be building virtually the same stand and I am looking to follow your design for the overflow box. Do you have a sketch of the design i could use? I'm a relative newbie and can't exactly tell how it all works from the pictures. It will also be my first time drilling a tank. I'm ok with the glass work as I've already made a sump with relatively good success.

I'm planning on LPS, softies and zoas. So I don't think I'll be using an ATS, probably just a sump and skimmer... I'm going to build a bigger sump for my 75G and use the 20g I already built for this new tank. It has a small fuge on one side, the return in the middle and a skimmer section on the left. It fits my reef octopus space saver skimmer perfectly but that will probably stay with the 75g and I'll look at potentially building a new one for this tank if I can keep the costs down.

Any advice you or tips you can send my way would be amazing! Wicked build and thanks for the thread!

Last edited:
Back