9W Jalli Fuge PC

130415_5_fv.jpg

130415_5_fulltank.jpg

13041fuge_top.jpg

13041fuge_side.jpg

Let me know what ya think!

Thanks!
Mike

Thanks! Just need to pick up a auto top off system for it. I just added the corals today...Green hairy mushroom rock, torch and xenia frag (had to do it for the wife...lol).

Mike

Thinking maybe a goby and a shrimp...

The impeller fits perfectly. It actually makes the flow in a 5.5 almost perfect.

Mike

Looks good Mike!

How did you do the fuge? I'm thinking about setting up a 5.5 to replace my 5 gallon hex at work.

Well, I removed the basket thingy :D that comes in the aquaclears. cut off the two side tabs (side tabs being the things you pull the basket out with). I used the bottom part, cut it to make a strainer for the outlet or weir of the filter. Then added a baffle about 1/2" YOU KNOW WHAT...THIS IS TOO DIFFICULT TO EXPLAIN. Let me find the link to how to make it. But it works and works well.

:lol: :lol:

Mike

Mike,

Looks good. My 5.5 has a pistol shrimp /goby pair. Is that what you're thinking ?

Thanks for the link...its hard to search right now. I haven't renewed my membership yet but I need to.

What kind of shrimp and goby? That sounds like what I am looking for.

Mike

Thanks Agu. Now that I think of it I remember reading that thread elsewhere from Sugar Magnolia.

Tiger pistol shrimp and yellow watchman goby, but I'm not sure I'd suggest that to you if you want to keep the sand black. The pistol is a hyperactive digger and needs lots of building material. I put three cups of crushed shells and rubble in the tank under the substrate. Even though there's about an inch of southdown over that, there are shell pieces all over the tank.

Not to be Mr Negative but I wouldn't put any goby in there without a cover. They're notorious for jumping and it isn't far to go in a 5.5. That's what happened to my first goby, right through the eggcrate :( .

How about an n. wennerae mantis shrimp? Tampa Bay Saltwater has them pretty cheap ;) .

Back