My Breeding attempt - Perculas:

Yes, that's MM. I was thinking like 60K, the one that feels finer then normal paper. Novus is a better and quicker solution though.

Guess i will use the novus then. Did you say that you have some of the 2" bulkheads? For the other two tanks.

Looks great!
The more info I see on breeding, the more I want to get into it. Not too sure how my roommate would feel about that in our apartment :p I know allllll too well how this hobby quickly spirals out of control lol.

ok got some more updates to post went to my buddy's wedding on saturday so everything that got done on sunday was almost like forced labor; read that as hungover as hell, lol..... picked up a plastic tray to use under the drain will be adding some filter floss of some kind to this area to help trap some of the junk; pretty simple on the plumbing all though it did take me a while (see above).... one 1" drain & the spray bar return system is done in 1/2" pvc.

BIG THANKS TO GRESHAM!!! for the suggestion of looping the spray bar into a rectangle works perfectly with plenty of flow across the whole tank and no need for an energy hungry pump.

sump contains return pump, tunze skimmer and i will be adding some live rock or bio balls as well. anyways onto the pictures
IMG_7444Medium.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_7457Medium.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_7485Medium.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_7465Medium.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_7482Medium.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_7489Medium.jpg
[/IMG]

Hello, I just read half of your thread, I dont have the patience to read it all :D. Just want to say that I read somewhere on reefcentral in Do it yourself section I think, that painting inside of the aquarium is not good for fish and it wont stick on the glass or acrylic.

Hello, I just read half of your thread, I dont have the patience to read it all :D. Just want to say that I read somewhere on reefcentral in Do it yourself section I think, that painting inside of the aquarium is not good for fish and it wont stick on the glass or acrylic.

That odd given there are far more threads on Krylon Fusion paint and no ills effects. I know people that have been using it for 5-6 years with no issues. Krylon Fusion is made to stick to plastic and it sticks rather well to acrylic. Normal spray paint does as well, but you can scratch it off easier.

I've seen successful Krylon fusion paint jobs inside tanks or round tubs.
I even used regular acrylic house paint on the outside of my tanks and it sticks very well. It will scratch off but not as easily as you may think.

My LFS painted his tanks with the krylon stuff while they were up and running lol, everything lived!

btw, its a little hard to see with the pictures (though from past pics i dont think this is the case) however, if you have tank on top of tank, and you put the lights for one tank on the base of the one above it, paint the bottom of your tanks black. blocks out light.

Titeo, you cant trust those pesky do it yourselfers 8p

well Gresham has already addressed this but just to add my own experience to the mix i have used Krylon Fusion on a number of projects and have never had an issue with it; including my 100g reef tank in the house the whole overflow system ( a coast to coast style) was sprayed and the tank houses a little bit of everything, sps,lps,clams, fish inverts etc etc. with no issues.

That odd given there are far more threads on Krylon Fusion paint and no ills effects. I know people that have been using it for 5-6 years with no issues. Krylon Fusion is made to stick to plastic and it sticks rather well to acrylic. Normal spray paint does as well, but you can scratch it off easier.
it sure does stick rather well to acrylic i ended up using some novus 3 and allot of elbow grease to fix my paint seam that somehow got under the tape :fun5:

Gresham do you have those 2" bh? I also have a couple of other questions for you might just shoot you an email.

My LFS painted his tanks with the krylon stuff while they were up and running lol, everything lived!

btw, its a little hard to see with the pictures (though from past pics i dont think this is the case) however, if you have tank on top of tank, and you put the lights for one tank on the base of the one above it, paint the bottom of your tanks black. blocks out light.

Titeo, you cant trust those pesky do it yourselfers 8p

if i understand what you are saying i don't think it's going to be an issue there is a 1/2" piece of plywood that each tank is sitting on.

it sure does stick rather well to acrylic i ended up using some novus 3 and allot of elbow grease to fix my paint seam that somehow got under the tape :fun5:

Gresham do you have those 2" bh? I also have a couple of other questions for you might just shoot you an email.

I do, I'll see about dropping them off ion the next day or two :D How many?

Gresham looks like 3 on the bh's there is one hole that i need to enlarge in order to fit a 1" bh into but i have plenty of those. Thanks.

Gresham any chance of getting those bh from you was hoping to get the rest of this plumbing done over the long weekend. I tried calling your office this morning but i got a voicemail for a linda i think it was. I have a couple of questions for you as well. I may be headed to dc in the next week. Let me know thanks.

Hey Dazed,

Whats going on I see your still at it. How has your progress been. I like your new setup. Still no time in my schedule to get started again and have not had eggs in a long time.

FB

Back