My Christmas Lights

marino420td

Premium Member
Set up the tripod to try to get a good shot of my house/Christmas Lights. This was the best. Lets see yours.

Housewithlights.jpg

Nice pic. Good job with the lights. You win. I have some icicle lights and a few strands of blinkers. Not really worth breaking the camera out for.

Your foundation appears to need serious work though. Your house is sinking on the right! (you might consider straightening the photo ;))

Nice picture and nice lights i can see why the house wouldn't be straight you lined it up with the street

Here is the view from the top of the ladder putting lights on the peak of the garage.

LadderPhoto.jpg

High enough for me!!!

Nice job, on the lights. No way in He** I'd be up on that ladder, even if it was tilted at a safer angle!

Christmas lights you say? Where's the snow? :).

Pre-show2.jpg

Pre-show.jpg

Interesting shots Louis. The fish eye, color and lighting add to the look. Were the holiday lights the only ones on in the shots? What time of day were those shot?

The lens flare on what I assume is the sun and not the moon, as well as its position in the sky, would make me think it was early morning or late afternoon, but perhaps that's where the sun is for you at this time of year?

Optical illusion. It's straight as an arrow now.

I'm not sure what part of the house you're looking at, I was going off the roof line. I'm just here at work so only have Paint available but I hope this illustrates it is still crooked ;)

It isnt a big deal, but just letting you know why I said it's crooked. It still is, to my eyes. I did the same black box thing with the garage and it looks even more crooked than the house.

Housewithlightsstraightened.jpg

Love your Alaska shots. I really liked the one of the moose visiting your backyard.

Thanks. that one is one of my favs too. I haven't seen a moose in the yard for some time now.

RB - Brett's right. That was the moon not the sun. It was at around 9pm. The light is a combination of the moon light, the lights on the rail, and the lights in the house (there are two windows that face the deck and the lights in the house were on).

Last edited:
My whole house is lit up but I just took pictures of my homemade decorations. I play Santa so it is expected that I make toys ;D
It's hard to see the Jack in the Box in this picture because I didn't have it lit up yet.

IMG_0805.jpg
The plane and train I made many years ago, when I was much younger.
This plane also has a motor in it, the prop turns but, no, it won't fly.

IMG_0804.jpg

This guy is in the back of the first picture, he is the newest one, I built him last week
JackintheBox005.jpg

Back