My fish are weirdos.

fearyaks

Anyone else have fish that are just oddballs ?

I have a Kole tang that absolutely hates my Starry Blenny... the thing is my Blenny is really good at hiding so the Kole always chases him to this one area my tank.... and (I cross my internet heart) he craps on his lawn. Like the Starry Blenny runs home, the Tang goes back and forth like a Pac-Man Ghost, craps in his front yard and then swims away. I'm trying to get video but every time I get close the Tang gets distracted.. maybe I'll pay one of my kids to film it.

And then there's this Blotched Anthias that has moved in with one of my pistol shrimp.
FeIKala.png

Last edited:
Hey man, glad your tank is doing good. I think the tang might view the blenny as a competitor for algae. Hence the chasing. That borb with the shrimp is hilarious though. Haha.

Oh yeah for sure that's what the Tang is doing. It's just ridiculous that he aims to poop right in front of the Blenny's 'home'.

Awesome Anthias you got there. Kole tangs... Saw them snorkeling in Hawaii and they were the meanest of all the tangs, no question. Achilles, Yellows, Orange Shoulder, Convicts, Unicorn, Naso, and about a half dozen other tangs I can't remember the names of- Kole was the most aggressive of all.

That second pic with the anthias shoved in there on it's side is glorious. You can almost feel him thinking "See, I told you we'd fit"

- The Firefish prefers to poop where she sleeps.
- When my Melanurus is scared she 'pushes' and bumbs the Firefish into her hiding hole where it's safe.
- Melanurus will also pick on the flasher wrasse if the flasher is too aggressive with the Firefish.

Last edited:
Back