My Neptune Apex web interface compatible DIY reef controller

Can anyone possibly submit some pics of their finished build, inside and out? I have all the parts and am currently looking at my Chauvet trying to see how to fit it all in there. Looking for proto board, mega, and relay module. Want to see how everything fits together if possible.

Can anyone possibly submit some pics of their finished build, inside and out? I have all the parts and am currently looking at my Chauvet trying to see how to fit it all in there. Looking for proto board, mega, and relay module. Want to see how everything fits together if possible.

Doughboy has pictures of his, they are on the first page of this thread.

Was more looking how he managed to fit all those guts inside the Chauvet. Pictures dont show that all to clearly.

Was more looking how he managed to fit all those guts inside the Chauvet. Pictures dont show that all to clearly.

I resized the pictures so they don't take up a lot of bandwidth
MDxGaqw.jpg

center you see the relay board. cut the proto board to the same size, and place it under the relay board (use spacers between bottom and proto board, and between proto board and relay board). The stereo sockets and BNC connector for ph probe are mounted on the proto board and comes out through drilled holes.

to the right is the mega board with ethernet shield on top.

to the left are two power supply boards. One 12v and one 5v. These are your regular switching power supply removed from their cases and disconnected from the 110v blades. wire the 110v ac to the chauvet power lines. I added a lighted switch (it is to the right of the DB9 connector). I just used 3M double sided tape to hold the power supply board to the chauvet. Make sure the power supply board bottom is insulated from the chauvet case, otherwise you will be shorting 110v.

Yes, it is tight, but that's the whole point of packing everything into one box. :)

Use this as a guide, you don't need to do it exactly the same way.

full size pictures

http://1drv.ms/1pnKjlu

http://1drv.ms/1pnKmhc

http://1drv.ms/1pnKq08

http://1drv.ms/1pnKsoT

view in desktop browser to see full sized image. tapatalk users cannot view full resolution.

Last edited:
actually, the prototype board in the above picture is slightly longer than the relay board since I have 2 rows of pin headers on the edge to connect wires back to arduino (the ribbon cable is tucked below the relay board) and to the DB9 connector to control the second unmodified chauvet. You can see it clearer when you look at the full resolution picture in the first link above.

Hello d0ughb0y,
I can see the reading on the sd card when I do the ip:8000/sen/2014/01/01.txt just do get the graphs. I can see Orp, Ph and Temp every 10 minutes.

actually, the prototype board in the above picture is slightly longer than the relay board since I have 2 rows of pin headers on the edge to connect wires back to arduino (the ribbon cable is tucked below the relay board) and to the DB9 connector to control the second unmodified chauvet. You can see it clearer when you look at the full resolution picture in the first link above.

not only are you an electronic genius, but you can pack a ton of stuff into a half ton box LOL that's almost as impressive as your electronic skills....

very nice job there doughboy and thanks for sharing the larger pics :)

Hello d0ughb0y,
I can see the reading on the sd card when I do the ip:8000/sen/2014/01/01.txt just do get the graphs. I can see Orp, Ph and Temp every 10 minutes.

I finished the inverse cycle feature and a few bug fixes (macro actions config is not saving and a feeder bug).

I started looking into adding additional sensor and it looks like it is not going to be simple. I might rearrange the code to simplify the change.

I'm thinking of pre-coding support for 1 orp, 1 conductivity, 2 ph and 2 temp and just enable it in config.h define. not sure if there is any need for dissolved oxygen. I think conductivity and orp are more common.

Hi!

I'm making a webserver for my controller and the solution that i found is base64.

But it seems to me very easy to decode.

Thank you by reply.

Best regards.

Here is the working code:

void logSensors() {
char buffer[20];
if (logSetup(now2(),buffer,"SEN","txt")) {
fileout_ << F("<record><date>") << buffer << F("</date><probe><name>Temp</name><value>");
fileout_ << setprecision(1);
fileout_ << getTemp()<< F("</value></probe><probe><name>pH</name><value>");
fileout_ << setprecision(2);
fileout_ << (getph()<10.0?" ":"") << getph() << F("</value></probe><probe><name>Orp</name><value>");
fileout_ << setprecision(1);
fileout_ << (getorp()<500.0?" ":"") << getorp() << F("</value></probe></record>");
fileout_ << F("\n");
fileout_.close();
}

Is putting getorp()<500.0 right or I should leave at <10. But it is showing the orp on the web page and graphs. How do you put screen shot on the post

I seem to be having trouble with my Jebao WP25. I tested the voltage on the arduino pin and its right between 0-5v I tested the Yellow cable on the Jebao controller also 0-5v connect the Jebao to the arduino and nothing. The voltages are the same but it will not turn turn the pump on. Any ideas? Am I missing a part I'm just directly connecting the yellow jebao wire to D11 PWM.

Pump is operating just fine because I hooked it back up to the jebao controller and its running.

I seem to be having trouble with my Jebao WP25. I tested the voltage on the arduino pin and its right between 0-5v I tested the Yellow cable on the Jebao controller also 0-5v connect the Jebao to the arduino and nothing. The voltages are the same but it will not turn turn the pump on. Any ideas? Am I missing a part I'm just directly connecting the yellow jebao wire to D11 PWM.

Pump is operating just fine because I hooked it back up to the jebao controller and its running.

Make sure you have a common ground with the Jebao and the arduino

Back