My Neptune Apex web interface compatible DIY reef controller

I think sparky's new isolated ph circuit will work better, but it is not available yet. on the other hand, atlas already sells an isolated power board for use to isolate the atlas stamps from the main circuit. This is designed to work with the multiplexer, so you just need to buy one isolator board instead of 4 if you want to use 4 sensor stamps.

I decided to update to the newer edition of Chauvet, I'm getting this error now

Utils.ino: In function 'void initializeConf()':
Utils:50: error: initializer-string for array of chars is too long

that string ain't no longer than it was last night LOL what did it do wrong ?

it worked just fine last night, I already loaded on my Mega last night and it's running my WP10s, I decided to tinker some more today with the temp sensor and now can't get it to compile again...

I was trying to clean up my files a bit and most likely removed something important, but I've tried reloading it as I did last night and still get the same error message each time

tanks doughboy

plz help

how to fix??? :headwalls:

Arduino: 1.0.5-r2 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Network.ino: In function 'void logNetworkAccess(TinyWebServer&)':
Network:425: error: 'class EthernetClient' has no member named 'getRemoteIP'

Edit EthernetClient.cpp and add this to the end of the file

Code:
// the next function allows us to use the client returned by
// EthernetServer::available() as the condition in an if-statement.

EthernetClient::operator bool() {
  return _sock != MAX_SOCK_NUM;
}

uint8_t* EthernetClient::getRemoteIP(uint8_t remoteIP[])
{
  W5100.readSnDIPR(_sock, remoteIP);
  return remoteIP;
}

Edit EthernetClient.h and add this to line 25

Code:
#ifndef ethernetclient_h
#define ethernetclient_h
#include "Arduino.h"	
#include "Print.h"
#include "Client.h"
#include "IPAddress.h"

class EthernetClient : public Client {

public:
  EthernetClient();
  EthernetClient(uint8_t sock);

uint8_t status();
  virtual int connect(IPAddress ip, uint16_t port);
  virtual int connect(const char *host, uint16_t port);
  virtual size_t write(uint8_t);
  virtual size_t write(const uint8_t *buf, size_t size);
  virtual int available();
  virtual int read();
  virtual int read(uint8_t *buf, size_t size);
  virtual int peek();
  virtual void flush();
  virtual void stop();
uint8_t* getRemoteIP(uint8_t RemoteIP[192.168.1.15]);//adds remote ip address  virtual uint8_t connected();
  virtual operator bool();

friend class EthernetServer;

using Print::write;

private:
  static uint16_t _srcport;
  uint8_t _sock;
};

#endif

:hmm3:

your ethernetclient.h looks wrong.
The instruction says
add this to line 25

<code>uint8_t* getRemoteIP(uint8_t RemoteIP[]);//adds remote ip address</code></pre>

it worked just fine last night, I already loaded on my Mega last night and it's running my WP10s, I decided to tinker some more today with the temp sensor and now can't get it to compile again...

I was trying to clean up my files a bit and most likely removed something important, but I've tried reloading it as I did last night and still get the same error message each time

did you save a copy before updating?
guessing from the error messages, I'd say one of your config.h entries to initialize an array in Utils.ino may have a typo.

well, I figured out my problem LOL I can't change "Unused2" to "Fan" in this line of code below

#define OUTLETDEFS WP25, Unused2, WP25B, Pump, Heater, Kalk, Skimmer, Return,\
Unused9, Unused10, Unused11, Unused12, Unused13, Unused14, Unused15, Unused16

and I can't uncomment "" //#define _FAN "" either, without getting errors, what's up with that ? :)

did you save a copy before updating?
guessing from the error messages, I'd say one of your config.h entries to initialize an array in Utils.ino may have a typo.

LOL I have 2 or 3 copies, that's 1 of my biggest problems, too much clutter LOL

I have it fixed again now though, thanks doughboy,

can you take look

www.gulfup.com
[/url][/IMG]

thanks

well, I figured out my problem LOL I can't change "Unused2" to "Fan" in this line of code below

and I can't uncomment "" //#define _FAN "" either, without getting errors, what's up with that ? :)

you have to do both. I just tried it and it compiled just fine.

in addition, you can also change the line
#define OUTLET2 "Unused2"
and change that to
#define OUTLET2 "Fan"
the above specifies the outlet name

and change that to
#define OUTLET2 "Fan"

ah ha, I'll try that next, I have it all screwed up again, I'm gonna delete all of it and start over, I really don't know why I have so much of it scattered out all over my PC LOL

but I have the Jarduino code with the 1.0.4 IDE, the Ferduino code with the 1.0.5 IDE and the Chauvet code with the 1.5.6 beta IDE...plus a few other codes from various other places, talk about confusing LOL

and change that to
#define OUTLET2 "Fan"

it will except " Fan " but not " FAN " I gots to pay attention to that LOL...

done a clean sweep and removed everything pertaining to Chauvet16 from my hard drive, even uninstalled and reloaded the 1.5.6 IDE....

loaded everything back up and the only thing I had to redo was the config.h tab, but I saved that tab in a text doc. so it was easy to change too....

loaded right up no problem, some times it's easiest to just toss everything and start fresh LOL

doughboy, is this where I can stop the randon wavemaker selections ? if so, would I just change the 6 to a 0 or comment out that line ?

//change wavemode 6x per day at the followiing time (hours)
#define MAXINTERVALS 6
#define INTERVALS {0,6,9,12,18,22}

I'm not fully understanding all of this either, does it automatically land on a softer night time flow, or is it completely random ?

as in, it will change 6 times a day from whatever I have selected when it starts it's countdown and it's no telling what it will be at night :)

I like the idea of it continually changing but would rather the flow not be so chaotic at night...and I didn't realize until this morning that it does that, I thought something was wrong LOL

got another question for ya doughboy :)

if I decide to use 4 of the WP pumps and I did just order another set LOL what do I have to do to make them show up on the Apex web interface ?

doughboy, is this where I can stop the randon wavemaker selections ? if so, would I just change the 6 to a 0 or comment out that line ?

I'm not fully understanding all of this either, does it automatically land on a softer night time flow, or is it completely random ?

as in, it will change 6 times a day from whatever I have selected when it starts it's countdown and it's no telling what it will be at night :)

I like the idea of it continually changing but would rather the flow not be so chaotic at night...and I didn't realize until this morning that it does that, I thought something was wrong LOL

the program will automatically do what you defined.

you have the flow types H1, W1, W2, W3, ELSE, Feed, NTM, CUST

then you have 6 time intervals. so you can change flow types 6 times over a 24 hour period.
if you want to run ELSE 24 hours, you simply assign ELSE to all 6 intervals.
Its up to you what you want it to be.
When you specify the flow type for each interval, you can specify the pump level and pulsewidth. Level is a value between 0 and 255.
If the level from one time interval to the next is not the same, the pump level will ramp (up or down). So if you want the pump to run at 50% the entire 24 hours, just specify 128 for level value for all 6 intervals.

To use pumps0 and pump1, uncomment #define _PWMA, to run 4 pumps, uncomment #define _PWMB as well.

the program will automatically do what you defined.

you have the flow types H1, W1, W2, W3, ELSE, Feed, NTM, CUST

then you have 6 time intervals. so you can change flow types 6 times over a 24 hour period.
if you want to run ELSE 24 hours, you simply assign ELSE to all 6 intervals.
Its up to you what you want it to be.
When you specify the flow type for each interval, you can specify the pump level and pulsewidth. Level is a value between 0 and 255.
If the level from one time interval to the next is not the same, the pump level will ramp (up or down). So if you want the pump to run at 50% the entire 24 hours, just specify 128 for level value for all 6 intervals.

To use pumps0 and pump1, uncomment #define _PWMA, to run 4 pumps, uncomment #define _PWMB as well.

awesome, I'll have to look at this a little closer...

my 2 wp10s have been rocking for about 24 hours now on the Chauvet, and I'm digging the cool bar graph on my PC screen too, I have it shrunk down kinda like a widget on the windows Vista OS so I can still use my PC...looks really cool :)

I tried to do what the instruction said and still come up with two error

Network.ino: In function 'void logNetworkAccess(TinyWebServer&)':
Network:425: error: 'class EthernetClient' has no member named 'getRemoteIP'

can anyone downlowd EthernetClient.h + EthernetClient.cpp with edited

please

Holy cow...44 pages.
Ive started ready at the begining and really want to build this. But im also looking for a build that has pwm control for the ldd1000h led drivers. I havent gotten to a page yet saying led control has been added. Could I cheat and just ask if it has been included in later updates?

I tried to do what the instruction said and still come up with two error

can anyone downlowd EthernetClient.h + EthernetClient.cpp with edited

please

if you followed the editing instructions and still see the error, that means you are editing the wrong copy.

Holy cow...44 pages.
Ive started ready at the begining and really want to build this. But im also looking for a build that has pwm control for the ldd1000h led drivers. I havent gotten to a page yet saying led control has been added. Could I cheat and just ask if it has been included in later updates?

No it has not been added. You can easily insert an updateLED function in the main loop to do what you want for LED. The pins for use with LED are listed in the circuit diagram and are all still fully compatible with analogWrite function.

XahmedXsa

you are definitely using the wrong copy. You are not supposed to copy the Ethernet library files to your project. You must edit the copy inside your Arduino program folder under libraries/Ethernet folder.

Hello d0ughb0y, on using the email notification which ones are able to be use with the arduino. I have gmail and it doesn't work.

Back