My Neptune Apex web interface compatible DIY reef controller

Very happy to tell you, I finally compiled through. (give and I like the rookie a hint: the root directory of all the library files must be placed in your project folder under the Library folder) began to hardware DIY thank you for helping me tomorrow.

I got the meanwell ldd yesterday. so just waiting for the lumia.
I had a computer problem last week, and lost all the led code I did so far, so I have to redo all that again since I did not have a backup.

Word to the wise from personal experience. Don't power up the LDD's and apply a pwm to them without a load. It makes pretty smoke that makes the wife turn on fans and light lots of candles. Krazie :jester:

Hello,d0ughb0y.some BUG I found in the test controller, I use a hair dryer heating my 18B20 sensor, data did not change when I refresh the page display. You can modify the sensor refresh fast some where. In addition, the refresh button in my home page other than the page click on the browser or press the F5 key for computer keyboard refresh, page blank solidification can not return. This should be the index.htm file of the BUG?

Word to the wise from personal experience. Don't power up the LDD's and apply a pwm to them without a load. It makes pretty smoke that makes the wife turn on fans and light lots of candles. Krazie :jester:

thanks for the warning.

Hello,d0ughb0y.some BUG I found in the test controller, I use a hair dryer heating my 18B20 sensor, data did not change when I refresh the page display. You can modify the sensor refresh fast some where. In addition, the refresh button in my home page other than the page click on the browser or press the F5 key for computer keyboard refresh, page blank solidification can not return. This should be the index.htm file of the BUG?

check your connections. also check the logs to see if you are getting crc errors, which is caused by bad connection. I can just hold or touch the temp sensor with my fingers and the temperature goes up. How many sensors do you have connected?

Hello, I have been reading now for a few days, trying to digest the enormous amount of great work you have put into this. I have a couple of questions. Is the liquid crystal file the library and sketch for the 16x2 display? I have been following Henning Karlsen and his work on building libraries to run many touch screen displays. Can I assume to run one of these I would subsistute his libraries for the liquid crystals. Also I am interested in building this with a diligent max32. Would like to see your comments about what you think about that possibility. I am really enjoying this project, it has really peaked my interest. Tnx

The code itself will work only on atmega2560 chip, as the code uses low level interrupt handlers and direct cpu register access. You can probably convert the code to work with the cpu of the board you are using.

The browser side code should work. The server side running on arduino is based on TinyWebserver library. Check if the library works on your hardware.

Strange things today, It is without rhyme or reason. on Tip: "unable to connect to apex.parsererror "what is the problem?

Find out the problem, view log found: A "larm Event: Temp 64.40 Ambient: 0 pH:0.00 cond:0.00 * Alk:50.00 Sonar.114% * 0 female:" should I set cal to "to connect to Chinese leads to unable apex. parsererror" error. Should brush except 2560 inside EEPROM to normal connection. But what can I do to brush except EEPROM? Excuse me, now that I should do?

Find out the problem, view log found: A "larm Event: Temp 64.40 Ambient: 0 pH:0.00 cond:0.00 * Alk:50.00 Sonar.114% * 0 female:" should I set cal to "to connect to Chinese leads to unable apex. parsererror" error. Should brush except 2560 inside EEPROM to normal connection. But what can I do to brush except EEPROM? Excuse me, now that I should do?

do you have ph stamp and cond stamp connected? If not you need to comment them out.

PH and cond have commented, check the log discovery should be shown as "cal" display "call *" garbled. Should be cal error writing to EEPROM?

Controller DIY I finished, I now is connected with 1 DS1307 and 1 LCD1602,1 18B20 and 8 relay outputs. Perfect execution controller. Thank you d0ughb0y great code engineering. Now I found that children especially love to play my controller. Whether d0ughb0y can modify the code to modify the password function in WEB to join? Thank you d0ughb0y.

The reason the password cannot be changed from the webpage is because it will add a lot of code to do the base64 encode/decode function. The way it is coded now does not require base64 conversion as the program simply does a straight compare of the base64 encoding password string.

I hope the password in web to modify the stored in the EEPROM but not saved in the SD card, does not require the base64 coding scheme, using ordinary characters on the line. Thank you d0ughb0y.

Last edited:
The reason the password cannot be changed from the webpage is because it will add a lot of code to do the base64 encode/decode function. The way it is coded now does not require base64 conversion as the program simply does a straight compare of the base64 encoding password string.

But if you just add:
- text label : New password:
- field to enter new password in shape ( YWRtaW46cGFzc3dvcmQ= )
- button Save

into section Controller setup

Of course we create password string in

http://base64-encoder-online.waraxe.us

and paste it into this field in browser and press button Save

In this way this means only save this string into eeprom space withouth any coding and decodig.

Much less complicated and much less code and web page change.

Last edited:
I researched this a bit more and it looks like JavaScript can encode and decode base64 string. I'll see what I can do with this.

Thank you d0ughb0y for attention and reply. I have a suggestion, in Webpage added to modify the password function while adding IP address modification function more perfect.

Back