My Neptune Apex web interface compatible DIY reef controller

I am ready to add a 18B20 as the ambient temperature detection. But I want the pin to the motherboard? There are no tables indicating circuit diagram. And the first 18B20 together?

I am ready to add a 18B20 as the ambient temperature detection. But I want the pin to the motherboard? There are no tables indicating circuit diagram. And the first 18B20 together?
It uses the 1 wire library and so all temp sensors connect to the same arduino pin. Plenty of info and images on Google like

6096c290cdff9620253d04358d70479d.jpg

You can run the example library with more than one connected and open serial monitor, touch one sensor until the reading changes and you know the address for it to put in the code against ambient.

It uses the 1 wire library and so all temp sensors connect to the same arduino pin. Plenty of info and images on Google like

6096c290cdff9620253d04358d70479d.jpg

You can run the example library with more than one connected and open serial monitor, touch one sensor until the reading changes and you know the address for it to put in the code against ambient.

Thank you Guy1980 for your solution. I think of a way to read them. Try.

Well, I'm here now turned cold. I must add the last heating rod to do constant temperature. But the export is composed of a first temperature sensor control? How do I set it for?

is there a way to run the sketch with out the temp probe? it will be a little while before comes in and I cant get it to work, the log gives me a error on temp because I dont have one installed, should I still be able to get on the web server if I dont have that working?

is there a way to run the sketch with out the temp probe? it will be a little while before comes in and I cant get it to work, the log gives me a error on temp because I dont have one installed, should I still be able to get on the web server if I dont have that working?

In the #define MAXTEMP put 0 in it should compile

Thank you I will give that a try, I'm in the prosses of making a pcb with all the components, including 0-10v LED dimming waiting on my tayda order to come in but I want to play with the web server to see how the different functions work

Hi d0ughb0y

Wish you Happy new year and good health in 2015 and further :celeb1:

Did you manage to get those LED parts and you progress something on that controller part?

ok, so I changed number of temp to 0, i still cant get the webserver to load up, if i run a test sketch i can see the webserver but cant do anything to it as I am just looking at index.htm, if there some step that I am missing to get the webserver to work with this code? i have my RTC and LCD hooked up and working. as its booting it says network down, but the time is correct. Any thoughts?

Have you re checked your providers dns server recently. I got mine from my router and soon realised that it was different after a reboot. I Googled the isp main dns and used that instead which worked for me. Also, check your sd card is working properly with test sketches and make sure the files are in the root of it.

ok so contacted my ISP got the correct DNS, still not able to load the webpage, it does up date the ntp server so I know I am connected to the internet with the controller, I did run a test sketch to confirm the SD card is working and it is. im kind of confused as to why it wont work.
Code:
#define CONTROLLER_NAME "Foggmans Tide Pool" //change this to your controller name
#define NTPSERVER 206,246,122,250  //pool.ntp.org, used if dns lookup fails
#define LOCAL_IP 192,168,1,15 //change this to a local fixed ip address
#define ROUTER_IP 192,168,1,1 //change this to your router ip address
#define DNS_IP 24,25,5,61 //dns of your internet service provider
#define MAC {0xDE, 0xAD, 0xBE, 0xEF, 0xFE, 0xED}
#define ROUTER_PORT 8081 //usually port 80 for the ip configuration web page
I am assuming that this the correct set up

I used define router port to 80 and put :8000 on the end of the ip address, it took me a bit to get the configuration working too.

So everyone is aware.

#define ROUTER_IP 192,168,1,1 //change this to your router ip address
#define ROUTER_PORT 8081 //usually port 80 for the ip configuration web page

Those two lines are for either your modem/router that gets you on the internet. This is what the controller uses to A) access the internet (Router_IP aka Gateway), and B) validate Ethernet is connected and working (Router_Port). Router_Port is the web interface on your modem/router to make changes to it. That device is typically provided by your ISP (unless you bought your own).

So the Controller makes a connection to your Routers IP and Port to validate it has good network connection. You will connect to the controller on the:

#define LOCAL_IP 192,168,1,15 //change this to a local fixed ip address

on port 8000, unless you went thru the code and changed it (most likely not). So the URL will look like http://192.168.1.15:8000 if 192.168.1.15 is your defined Local_IP.

So for Foggman, you may need to fix the 8081 and make it 80 (if thats what your modem/router) uses for its Web Interface. Then after you have uploaded the change, it should fix your issue.

If not let me know, and I can help you out one evening if you want.

Back