My New Fish

bigmayreefer

Saw these two at MS saturday and couldnt pass em up after I saw them eat. They have been very active and both are eating very well.

Going to make an attempt at posting a pic- lets see how bad I mess it up. This is a quick shot i took late last night.

118323flamepotters001.JPG

The bottom one is a potters.

The picture is pretty dark and doest do them any justice color wise. I took it after the lights went out and used a flash. They moved too quick when the lights were on and i lost my patience. The flame angel isnt that red- its more orange and yellow, and the flash washed out the potters orange and blue. Ill try for a better shot tonight before the lights go out.

Good luck with both MAson. I'm sure the Potters wil be your biggest challenge but if you can keep it alive that would be awesome.

Im hopeful- so far so good. Four days in a row he has been eating everything that goes in the tank and is very active. I got a good deal on him with the fish sale they had over the weekend. He ate at the store, so I decided to give him a try. I know Potters can be finicky, but hopefully things will stay this positive.

Hopefully i can get a few shots that actually look good.

I would get some frozen food for angelfish that contains sponge and feed it daily. I would also buy some high quality Nori seawood to feed daily....both are important to their nutritional needs and long term survivability.

what is the "recommended" frozen food that contains sponge. I have allot of sponge living on my live rock right now that i see them graze on from time to time.

Yay Mason! Nice fish! I really hope you can keep the potters alive. I'll be getting one as soon as the 300lbs of rock in his tank get moved.

Hey Mason, those are some good looking fish. Congrats on your new additions. Were the two in the same tank at MS? How are they getting along together in your tank? I have a Flame currently and had a chance to add a Coral Beauty on the cheap but was afraid they would not get along so I passed.

They were in different tanks. They get along fine, in fact they hang out together quite a bit while they graze on the rockwork. I think dwarf angels usually do ok with each other as long as they are a different type or in a larger group of the same type and age. Im sure there have been cases in which there are problems, but so far i havent experienced any.

hijakri, (sp.) has a high sponge based frozen food i got some at beldt's but i'm sure anyone will have something, sponge is mandatory but very with nori and etc.,

Still doing great. Both are still eating like pigs. Going out today to pick up some frozen with high sponge content. Just one more item to add to the "fish only" shelf in my freezer!

I went out last weekend and got them the sponge food. They didnt touch it the first day i used it- but they ate the flake i put in a few minutes later. They have been eating it now for a few days, so im relieved. Both are still doing good. Ill try to get some pics this coming weekend. How long should i be nervous about coming home to find a croaked potters?

Back