my new ora snowflakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep them alone in a safe environment with nothing pestering them, and wait those clownfish are very young it will be at least 6 months before you get a spawn if you are truly a fish whisperer but most likely it will take a year or two.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12218780#post12218780 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AzaZeL
My LFS has a pair of ORA snowflakes, supposedly the 1st released pair, for $799/pair.

that might be true but fishkids has them in his tank 1st :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12218241#post12218241 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishkid6692
will they spawn if they are with a few other tankmates and corals?

depends .

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12218972#post12218972 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishkid6692
on what lol? i just think it would be awesome if they spawned! even if they don't they are my fav. fish!
depends if they are given time to become sexually mature and if they feel safe.

i have had my onyx pair for 17 months and am not expecting a spawn anytime soon.

enjoy your clowns

There's a thread discussing the possibility that live black worms triggered spawning in captive fish.
I forget the authors tag, but he is the one who has one of the oldest tanks here.
He says that he noticed that his fish(clowns and others) spawn a few weeks after he starts to feed em live black worms. I can't seem to find the thread.
Maybe you can find it...

Never mind...I found it.
The author was Paul B

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=772037

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12220015#post12220015 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DarthBaiter
There's a thread discussing the possibility that live black worms triggered spawning in captive fish.
I forget the authors tag, but he is the one who has one of the oldest tanks here.
He says that he noticed that his fish(clowns and others) spawn a few weeks after he starts to feed em live black worms. I can't seem to find the thread.
Maybe you can find it...

Never mind...I found it.
The author was Paul B

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=772037

You guys might also want to watch out for blockage & extra parasites when using black worm, they are usually cultured in very dirty conditions.

Im pretty sure they look a tad small to be breeding, but maybe its just the viewing angle/distance, if thats what you were getting the worms for.

Fishkids i would not recommend blackworms or any freshwater food source.

I also agree with the above post that they are too young to breed.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12229739#post12229739 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GSMguy
Fishkids i would not recommend blackworms or any freshwater food source.

agreed!

a prerequisite for getting these nice fish is you gotta buy yourself a better camera and a tripod ;)

great looking fish.

but i thought blackworms have been known to trigger breeding in fish. is there anything else i can feed to try and trigger spawning? and how big do they have to be to breed? the female is about 2 inches.

Back