My New SPS Reef

Been following this thread from the beginning and your work here is is truly inspirational. When it comes to success in this hobby, it is really important to show how necessary patience is building and growing a great system and you've done that. The color in this tank has just gotten better with time and growth has been outstanding without any additives. Love this tank!

Hello again my friend. Can I make a special request to you: can you post top down photos of your SPS corals please. As you SPS look their best when looking from above, and I think that top down photos would show off your corals even better!

A simply plastic see through dish, CD case or even a top down camera viewer box would be good.

Many thanks! :thumbsup:

Nice looking, what is the coral in the first picture you just posted?

Hi, this is a plana acro

Did you dose something to get the deeper/darker colours? Or is it simply from the fish poop. I see that you have a much larger fish in there compared to before.

One last thing: Did you silicone/glue down the white acrylic to the bottom of the tank or is just lying on the tank base?

Just fish poop and I feed more

No glue, just lying on the base

Great tank thanks for sharing , but why you don't use filter bag in your sump ?

Sometimes I use, but this is not a rule.

Denadai is surprising colors, this only using the balling I provide to you?

Hi Denilson, yes , just balling , WC and etc

with no live rock and what looks like an algae free tank, what does your tang graze on?

My tang eat pellets and flakes.

Best Regards

great inpiration

for my next tank i would want to emulate ur style of tank, every thing else being the same do u think ur system would have similar results with vodka instead of the soparax?

It doesn't happen a lot... actualy its pretty rare, but sometimes i stumble acros a build that is just different from all the others. Now that can be either the work of a madman or a reefkeeping genius, the latter is clearly the case here. So when i find such a built(topic) i try to learn as much as i can, and i can tell you that it toke me a clouple of hours to take it all in.

So i want to thank you for sharing your principles and solutions with us.

after reading it all i have just 1 question left:
in the beginning of this topic you have explained to great detail how your "invisible" overflow works. (and i have to say... of all the things i learned from your build, this is what i like the moost). You also stated that you just painted the thin sheet of glass (whats used to let the water flow over) on both sides.
what kind of paint did you use?
and is that paint not wearing off when you scrub the algea from that glass?

thanks in advance for your answers
Jelle

great inpiration

for my next tank i would want to emulate ur style of tank, every thing else being the same do u think ur system would have similar results with vodka instead of the soparax?

Maybe. But why you don´t buy one or two boxes of siporax ? very easy to use.

after reading it all i have just 1 question left:
in the beginning of this topic you have explained to great detail how your "invisible" overflow works. (and i have to say... of all the things i learned from your build, this is what i like the moost). You also stated that you just painted the thin sheet of glass (whats used to let the water flow over) on both sides.
what kind of paint did you use?
and is that paint not wearing off when you scrub the algea from that glass?

thanks in advance for your answers
Jelle

I´m far away to be a genius, I just do the things in the simple way. And yes, the simple things works very well !

I painted with black silicone. Look , the black paint is inside the two sheets, there are two sheets of glass and the black silicone is between then, outside is just glass so I can scrub every week.

Best Regards

Its good to have my 1st post in this great tank.. It just stupid i found it, after 3 years with my reef tank. More photos Denadai!!!

I´m far away to be a genius, I just do the things in the simple way. And yes, the simple things works very well !

I painted with black silicone. Look , the black paint is inside the two sheets, there are two sheets of glass and the black silicone is between then, outside is just glass so I can scrub every week.

Best Regards

sometimes (often) simplicity is (by far) the best solution to the moost complex problems...

but back to my question: so if i understand correctly you painted the outerside of the innerglass and the inner side of the outer glass? so in that case the water flows between those 2 layers of paint?

thanks again for your inspiration

Hi Denadai,

did you take any precautions when you changed out LR with the one you're using?
And same question when you removed the sandbed?

I was considering the same myself, but I'm a little afraid of crashing the whole system.

Best regards,
Ken.

Back